Windows 10

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Your sd card reader does not have the right driver, look in the device manager and its properties and then try updating the driver.  If that does not work, do a search on google for a driver, download one and install it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for that BL, I will give that a go later.

Posted

I persevered with Windows 8 for about 18 months, never got my head round it. Found it so user 'unfriendly' that I had it taken off and reverted to "7".  - Granddaughter just  upgraded free , her 8 to 10, been trying it this week, but I still found difficulty navigating round/through it. Will be sticking to '7' for some time yet. So much for progress!

Posted

as an uneducated non techy type I downloaded win 10 some time ago .I have just found out that the DVD drive now does not work because Windows did not include some program or other & it now has to be bought from windows.

as Petjea remarks" so much for progress"

Posted

I persevered with Windows 8 for about 18 months, never got my head round it. Found it so user 'unfriendly' that I had it taken off and reverted to "7".  - Granddaughter just  upgraded free , her 8 to 10, been trying it this week, but I still found difficulty navigating round/through it. Will be sticking to '7' for some time yet. So much for progress!

Don't worry.... I still use XP whenever I have to use windows - and I can't see that ever changing

Posted (edited)

Previously I had Win 7 which was very good but have upgraded to Win 10 and it is brilliant.  Probably one of the best OP for a very long time.  So easay to use that I doubt if any one would want to buy the "Windows 10 for Dummies" book.  :2thumbsup:

Edited by Surfer

Posted

Hi

I find Windows 10 difficult but I am not to good at the computer I just try my best and phone Grandson for help that normally works.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

If you want a friendly familiar UI, especially if you are an XP fan, it maybe worth installing Win10 and then downloading and installing 'Classic Shell'. It's what I did as I detest the 'Apps' style that 10 has. Classic Shell gives you an old fashioned XP-style UI and it works really well