Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Restore to factory settings

7 posts in this topic

Posted

After putting up with the laptop going snail pace for ages I bit the bullet and restored my Toshiba to its factory default, after backing all my docs up I hasten to add.

Fantastic. Like having a new machine again

Posted

Mark

If you uninstall all the "bloatware" that is normally pre-installed on a retail laptop, you may find an even better increase!

Cheers

Keith

Posted

As it was like "out of the box" I had various options that I probably had first time round to be fair. This time I left then unchecked 2thumbsup.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

So when you replace it you will read each option and only select what you need - not might be nice too have????

Posted

Yes exactly as I have had this for few years now I know what I actually use and what just sits there slowing it all down. So far so good, it really is like having a new machine again.. Thanks Toshiba for making so simples

Posted

This is one of the big gripes with Windows 8.1 the APPs take so long to activate then do not close when you move away from them

I end up using Task Manager to shut them down to keep this new machine running fast enough

Posted

Your Win7 & Win8 PCs are already downloading the patches and prep software for Windows 10!

The Win 10 upgrade looks like being a 2Gb download - and Microsoft are preparing "countdown" messages that will appear on your PC during the lead up to Win 10 availability.

Cheers

Keith