Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lincolnshire getting tough with the overnighters

36 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Motorist-pay-800-parking-car-overnight/story-26278501-detail/story.html

Not sure if it was Huttoft but the last time we visited one of these spots you couldnt get in for camper vans. Looked like they were permanent rather than just overnight.

There are a few of these sea view car parks along the coast road from Cleethorpes down to Chapel St Leonards

Posted

It's a shame as the motorhomes who freeloaded there long term have spoiled it for night fishermen too, we used a nearby cl and often parked the car on the terrace for night fishing.

Posted

Serves the motorist right. He admitted parking there twice, hellooooooooo anybody home? I love these people that think they are above the law and can do as they please and have an attitude s*d the bylaws next time I'd take his licence away for six months that'll make him understand,is he thick or what? if he can't read he should'nt be driving and I would make him re sit his driving test again. If he objects to the bylaws then he should campaign to alter the bylaws not flout them.

Posted

or we could just blow him up................

Posted

Weird I posted last night and it isn't here

Serves the motorist right. He admitted parking there twice, hellooooooooo anybody home? I love these people that think they are above the law and can do as they please and have an attitude s*d the bylaws next time I'd take his licence away for six months that'll make him understand,is he thick or what? if he can't read he should'nt be driving and I would make him re sit his driving test again. If he objects to the bylaws then he should campaign to alter the bylaws not flout them.

But I posted along the same lines as Bristles but not as tough BUT for goodness sake he would have got a warning after the first time

But how many carparks are near houses because I can't remember many from when I used to sea fish around there so how many residents complained ? for the council to realise they had a problem or a cash cow

Posted

Perhaps why I appear to be tough is because I only need telling once if I have missed a sign to reoccur a second time is unforgivable and I deserve the penalty. I only ever tell my wife something once or remind her of something once and if it is forgotten then tough so what applies to my wife most certainly without question would apply to a stranger. As far as I'm concerned so many people flout the law deliberately and then try and hide behind ignorance and pretend they were not aware of bylaws/signs although they are there to be seen by everyone the first offence they pay the penalty and it should also act as a warning why do it twice and get a warning the second time when you knew it was wrong the first time?

Posted

Incidently, whilst on the subject of parking where one should'nt or between given times, I loath people deliberately parking with two wheel up on the kerb and also people parking on double yellow lines, I would dock their licence for 6 month's and fine them as well. If they are not aware that they should'nt park on the pavement or on double yellow lines then they should'nt be on the road and they would have to re sit thie driving test again, flouting the law deliberately again needs to be addressed its why people do it again and again every single day and unfortunately always will, they have no respect for the law or pedestrians.

Posted

Incidently, whilst on the subject of parking where one should'nt or between given times, I loath people deliberately parking with two wheel up on the kerb and also people parking on double yellow lines, I would dock their licence for 6 month's and fine them as well. If they are not aware that they should'nt park on the pavement or on double yellow lines then they should'nt be on the road and they would have to re sit thie driving test again, flouting the law deliberately again needs to be addressed its why people do it again and again every single day and unfortunately always will, they have no respect for the law or pedestrians.

Bit harsh. £10,000 fine is o.k., but retake the driving test?, that's cruel

Posted

Bit harsh. £10,000 fine is o.k., but retake the driving test?, that's cruel

The average person hasn't got £10,000 but the reason I said to retake their test is because they obviously don't know what double yellow lines are for and therefore should not be on the road nor do they understand that it is illegal to drive on a public footpath and park there and again as they are unaware that that is illegal they shouldn't be on the road so when they pass the appropriate tests as to what is right and what is wrong and what is acceptable and what is not then perhaps he won't do it again.

Posted

As far as I was aware unless the town or local area has had a law passed in parliament (such as Exeter 1987 Act also the Special Traffic Provisions in London Act) it is not illegal to park on the footways (correct term - not foot path).

However it is illegal to drive on the footway. One might ask how you get there with out driving on it.

That is the anomaly of the law and you must be seen by a Constable to be driving on the footway.

So long as you get there with no one watching you can stay there.

One other point is that you can be prosecuted for parking "legally" on the carriageway if your vehicle is deemed to be an obstruction.

So one place your can't be is on the road, and one place that it can be is on the footway.

The law is great!!

Maurice

Posted

The average person hasn't got £10,000 but the reason I said to retake their test is because they obviously don't know what double yellow lines are for and therefore should not be on the road nor do they understand that it is illegal to drive on a public footpath and park there and again as they are unaware that that is illegal they shouldn't be on the road so when they pass the appropriate tests as to what is right and what is wrong and what is acceptable and what is not then perhaps he won't do it again.

Sorry, you obviously didn't see how far my tongue was pushing against my cheek. blushing.gif

I agree, get done once, shame on you, get done twice, tough luck buddy

Posted

I thought the actual fine of £800 was a bit tough. I mean a standard parking ticket is what £40 or £60.

Hopefully Bristles will never become a Judge.........we would have to build more prisons including a special one for his wife

You should buy her a voice recorder so she doesnt miss any of your commands..........

2thumbsup.gif2thumbsup.gif2thumbsup.gif

Posted

How many times do you have to tell your wife the same thing over again or remind her over again?

Posted

Cant say its ever crossed my mind to count. If she doesnt know what Im talking about I start from the beginning but its not something I cant get annoyed about.

Id love to be a fly on the wall when your awning erecting2thumbsup.gif

Took some finding but here we are

1 person likes this

Posted

On the contrary, almost 50 years together and no problems. Whenever we have put up our awning we have had on the odd occassion over the years a comment such as, blimey you've got that sussed or crikey never seen an awning go up as quick or you two are old hands. We are always well organised and know what each other does and have never ever had a cross word when erecting our awning or when we have been away. My wife is one in umpteen millions we wouldn't chage each other for all the tea in China and it is extremely, extremely rare to get cross which on the very rare occassion lasts for about 5 minutes. Had a wonderful life so far we both know our place and long may it continue.

Posted

There is no law against cars parking on pavements, only local ones (there should be but there isn't). The law is only concerned if it's causing an obstruction as in blocking a pavement or the gap is too small for a double buggy or wheel chair, alongside dropped kerbs etc.

However they're looking into it, but don't hold your breath.

Posted

On the contrary, almost 50 years together and no problems. Whenever we have put up our awning we have had on the odd occassion over the years a comment such as, blimey you've got that sussed or crikey never seen an awning go up as quick or you two are old hands. We are always well organised and know what each other does and have never ever had a cross word when erecting our awning or when we have been away. My wife is one in umpteen millions we wouldn't chage each other for all the tea in China and it is extremely, extremely rare to get cross which on the very rare occassion lasts for about 5 minutes. Had a wonderful life so far we both know our place and long may it continue.

Good

Posted

Good

Thank you.

Posted

On the subject of parking on the footpath, this is a common sight close to where I live:

37692906.0cbbc8c6.500.jpg?r2

About 15 feet behind where I stood to take this picture there is ample parking. This person was too lazy to walk the 20-odd feet from parking to path!

I have contacted the local police numerous times but no action is ever taken.

Posted

On the subject of parking on the footpath, this is a common sight close to where I live:

37692906.0cbbc8c6.500.jpg?r2

About 15 feet behind where I stood to take this picture there is ample parking. This person was too lazy to walk the 20-odd feet from parking to path!

I have contacted the local police numerous times but no action is ever taken.

That Citroen shows no consideration for pedestrians whatsoever. I know some people that would refuse to be forced to walk out into the road and risk their lives, me being one of them, nor would people like to be forced onto the grass and possibly tread in dog's poo and therefore in order to pass something has to go or perhaps a momento left!!

Posted

Double yellow line are for disabled parking (according to the Sargent of our local police station a few years ago...

As for parking on footpaths or pavements I thought that to be a privilege enjoyed by Jehovah Witnesses (certainly is in this area)

Posted

Double yellow line are for disabled parking (according to the Sargent of our local police station a few years ago...

As for parking on footpaths or pavements I thought that to be a privilege enjoyed by Jehovah Witnesses (certainly is in this area)

Don't know what double yellow lines have to do with parking on the pavement where pedestrians are suppose to walk in safety and people who may push prams. As for your second statement regarding Jehovah Witnesses I regard this as pure poppy cock.

Posted

Whats the difference between a Jehovahs Witness and a Bailey Caravan ?

You can shut the door on a Jehovahs Witness !!!!

Posted

Don't know what double yellow lines have to do with parking on the pavement

Perhaps I should have been more selective when I quoted you:

The average person hasn't got £10,000 but the reason I said to retake their test is because they obviously don't know what double yellow lines are for

and as for:

As for your second statement regarding Jehovah Witnesses I regard this as pure poppy cock.

It's obvious you don't live where I do tongue1.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

Perhaps I should have been more selective when I quoted you:

and as for:

It's obvious you don't live where I do tongue1.gif

Thank god I don't live where you do, its still poppy cock, get over it.