Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Aldi caravan stuff in store TODAY

36 posts in this topic

Posted

Just stocked up on pink toilet flush (£4.99 each) and bought a double sleeping bag (29.99). They've also got some 19 to 21feet caravan covers at a cheap £69 but I didn't bother as some covers are so thin & cheap that they don't last long. There's also Aquarolls (£39.99) steps and breathable ground sheets.

Posted

Yep, stocked up on toilet chemicals this morning at 8am on my way to work. The tv's and sat navs seemed very popular too.

Posted

think the tv is flying off the shelves, better hurry if you want one

Pink is good we stock up when its in

Posted

We've found that you need to use so much of the blue to make it effective that you're better off buying "known" brand (we use Elsan), but the pink additive is great. There were no TV's left when I went in yesterday, I'm sure some people go in the second the store opens!

Posted

We've found that you need to use so much of the blue to make it effective that you're better off buying "known" brand (we use Elsan), but the pink additive is great. There were no TV's left when I went in yesterday, I'm sure some people go in the second the store opens!

Our local dealer has 25 ltr tanks of Elsan blue for £24.99, about a third saving , just storage and decanting from a tank without a tap . could be messy if you are not careful

Posted

I was there at 8am on my way to work and bought the toilet chemicals in bulk. We really like the Blue Diamond stuff, it works really well without having to use loads and has a nice 'perfume'. My preferred choice not incuding cost would be Elsan but a bit pricey usually unless you can find a good offer.

The TV's and Sat Navs were flying off the shelves at 8am when I was there.

Posted

I was at our local store at 8am and bought one of the Sat-Navs they had 8 in total and there was 5 of us in a line bought one.

Posted

Our local dealer has 25 ltr tanks of Elsan blue for £24.99, about a third saving , just storage and decanting from a tank without a tap . could be messy if you are not careful

Slightly off topic, sorry.

Rod, I see from your location that you're in South London, who is your local dealer? And do you rate them?

Mark

Posted

think the tv is flying off the shelves, better hurry if you want one

Pink is good we stock up when its in

Pink Tv Mark ?? I'll bet that's for Sonja !!

Happy caravanning, indoors.

1 person likes this

Posted

Slightly off topic, sorry.

Rod, I see from your location that you're in South London, who is your local dealer? And do you rate them?

Mark

Songhurst caravans ,Leyborne ,on the A20 towards Maidstone .Not quite local to SE9

http://www.songhurstcaravans.co.uk/

But dealers are not that thick on the ground .used to use Cranham near Romford but always a saga to use Dartford crossing Songhurst seem to have a well stocked shop , and are helpful

Check 25Ltr price may have got it wrong ,but there is a saving

Posted

Songhurst caravans ,Leyborne ,on the A20 towards Maidstone .Not quite local to SE9

http://www.songhurstcaravans.co.uk/

But dealers are not that thick on the ground .used to use Cranham near Romford but always a saga to use Dartford crossing Songhurst seem to have a well stocked shop , and are helpful

Check 25Ltr price may have got it wrong ,but there is a saving

Thanks Rod, we are in SE9 as well.

Ever tried Michael Jordan, I've heard good and bad?

Posted

Thanks Rod, we are in SE9 as well.

Ever tried Michael Jordan, I've heard good and bad?

No we have not , never thought of going that way , always felt it was a bit of a trek round M25/A25 , perhaps we should , problem is though when ever we find a new dealer , like we did with Songhurst (just to get some Elsan) we end up walking out with a new caravan .

We are near what was BK at 5 ways

rallymental ? did you or do you rally ?

Posted

Used to use Orpington Caravans - they were great BUT sadly no longer exist. So now I use the internet for supplies.

PS we are in SE18. And we can get essentials from CC Site at Abbey wood.

PPS Must try Songhurst!

Posted

Used to use Orpington Caravans - they were great BUT sadly no longer exist. So now I use the internet for supplies.

PS we are in SE18. And we can get essentials from CC Site at Abbey wood.

PPS Must try Songhurst!

Yes , we were regular there as well SWMBO could pop in there on way home from the Garden centre where she works , Carol? always gave us 10% discount , ah those were the days

Posted

Don't use to much of that pink stuff had to strip toilet flush system down, it seized up, but may be me over doing it. Blue is a bit weak purchased loads two years ago still got about 5 of each left

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

Apologies for jumping on this post..but "The Range" has a fair amount of caravanning & camping accessories too.

http://www.therange.co.uk/leisure_and_sport_camping/dept/fcp-category/list?resetFilters=true

Posted

I notice they do a 12 feet extension socket for corner steadies!!!! Obviously a mistake!

http://www.therange.co.uk/maypole-12ft-extension-socket---19mm/camping/the-range/fcp-product/62631

Extension sockets very seldom seem to be straight. We have two. One has a very bad wobble and we no longer use it. The other not to bad. Thye may not be expensive, but all the small £'s add up!

Posted

I notice they do a 12 feet extension socket for corner steadies!!!! Obviously a mistake!

http://www.therange.co.uk/maypole-12ft-extension-socket---19mm/camping/the-range/fcp-product/62631

Have you not heard of Long Range??

geoff

2 people like this

Posted

That's so you can do both back and front from one place banana.gif

Posted

That's so you can do both back and front from one place :banana:

Sorry Ted I do not have the depth of technical knowledge you have......

Geoff

Posted

No we have not , never thought of going that way , always felt it was a bit of a trek round M25/A25 , perhaps we should , problem is though when ever we find a new dealer , like we did with Songhurst (just to get some Elsan) we end up walking out with a new caravan .

We are near what was BK at 5 ways

rallymental ? did you or do you rally ?

Rod, yes, used to stage rally, that's me in the picture on the Rally of Kent in around 2006. We sold the car and moved on to more sedate things as the costs involved started to get more and more daft, like £700 entry fees!!

Posted

Rod, yes, used to stage rally, that's me in the picture on the Rally of Kent in around 2006. We sold the car and moved on to more sedate things as the costs involved started to get more and more daft, like £700 entry fees!!

Know what you mean , used to do road rallys , for CSMA and Bexley Light Car Club , BUT that was around 1972/3/4 , in Mk 1 Mexico .

Rally Saturday night , rebuild the car Sunday , drive it to work Monday .

Posted

Know what you mean , used to do road rallys , for CSMA and Bexley Light Car Club , BUT that was around 1972/3/4 , in Mk 1 Mexico .

Rally Saturday night , rebuild the car Sunday , drive it to work Monday .

That sounds like me over 40 years ago! We stopped rallying in 1975! Just got so expensive!

Posted

Back on topic !!

Bought a set of the Aldi "Hard Ground Pegs" they are really good. I've had one set (from another store) for years but not enough for the full awning (only for the porch) so at 7.99 in a nice case they are a great buy. I use these all the time nowadays instead of normal pegs as I can just use a claw hammer instead of having to carry a mallet as well.