Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gas bottle recall

Question

Posted

Well we did check ours just as the season ended . But we haven't taken it to be changed.

Has any one else had their gas bottles changed due to the recall.

How urgent is it . We were told we need to take the bottle to our local calor dealer .

Does this mean caran

Caravan accessories will not change them.

11 answers to this question

Posted

Took mine to the local Calor dealer - one almost full, one empty - signed some paperwork got two full in return. Not sure on the urgency - perhaps ring your nearest Calor dealer? The Calor site has a list of places where you can get the exchange done - my nearest was just across the road but meant a trip up to the next roundabout and back down again rolleyes.gif

Posted

Quite urgent as the recall is because the bottle leaks so is an explosion risk

I started this ages ago on another area and when I took my two empty bottles in the dealers had not been told but I had no problems once they had checked the Calor website but now the problem seems to be being able to get a refill as the tested ones are in short supply

Posted

The biggest problem I had was knowing about it - I only found out by accident

Posted

I don't know what it is??

How can I tell?.

I have several blue bottles 2 x small for the front of the caravan, and 2 x larger ones which we use for the Grden BBQ.

What is the fault? how can we tell?

Any help please

Maurice

Posted

Maurice it only affects the Calorlite bottles.

Posted

The biggest problem I had was knowing about it - I only found out by accident

Pleased you got your exchanges...long trip!

You obviously don't lurk on many caravan forums then amigo!......or get either major clubs magazines.....Locally the dealers have had posters up too.....talking to a Calor delivery driver at a garden centre he said that they are getting back out but not in huge quantities as still hundreds were not exchanged.

geoff

Posted

I don't know what it is??

How can I tell?.

I have several blue bottles 2 x small for the front of the caravan, and 2 x larger ones which we use for the Grden BBQ.

What is the fault? how can we tell?

Any help please

Maurice

Do you read the posts that others do Maurice...it could hardly be missed...especially as all clubs seem to plug it too.....and Blue Bottles as well, is that a Masonic thing!

geoff

Posted

Pleased you got your exchanges...long trip!

You obviously don't lurk on many caravan forums then amigo!......or get either major clubs magazines.....Locally the dealers have had posters up too.....talking to a Calor delivery driver at a garden centre he said that they are getting back out but not in huge quantities as still hundreds were not exchanged.

geoff

Geoff - I've not really had the time to lurk, and if I lurked I'd probably post anyway, I've been too busy with my company to even really think about caravanning or even open the C&CC mag fear.gif

I think a lot of caravanners have never joined a forum either so Calor's job has certainly been a hard one - the reason I heard about it is because I got an email from the Hobby forum...

Oh and although the calor centre is just across the (via a 4 mile detour around the roundabouts at each end of the duel carriageway) road from my caravan - the caravan is 230 miles from me - which is not good sad2.gif

Posted

..............shame when business comes first, know all about it as was self-employed for 7 years and often had to give up weekends,

geoff

Posted

Well we did check ours just as the season ended . But we haven't taken it to be changed.

Has any one else had their gas bottles changed due to the recall.

How urgent is it . We were told we need to take the bottle to our local calor dealer .

Does this mean caran

Caravan accessories will not change them.

No that's just Calor being a business as they get more money from you going to them than you going to a caravan dealer

I used our local caravan dealer who stocks Calor as opposed to my favourite dealer who can't stock Calor because a local to him builders merchant does but they don't stock the lightweight bottles

Posted

We contacted calor they said about three weeks before they have replacements. We have one heavy and one of the lite ones we may just refill our heavy one and see what happens with the other.

They said they leek.