Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking for new window luner ariva 2004

Question

Posted

Hi all I am looking for a new or second hand offside front window for my luner ariva gts 2004.... Does anyone know we're I can get a Replacement one from. my windows are a bronze/brown colour but the one I need to replace is clear there is nothing wrong with the window it just doesn't look right and it's bugging me.. And does anyone know if other windows of other caravans will fit........

Many thanks

Marco

7 answers to this question

Posted

Posted

Have you looked in to having it tinted ??? Not too difficult or expensive, As to replacing there are probably loads of vans with same size window, The tinted bit might prove difficult. There is a company in Halifax called EEC ( exhaust ejector company) or something like that that will make to order, Although a long time since I dealt with them.

Posted

Www. EECO-Ltd.co.UK

Will use existing as pattern to make a new one , as long as you can give them

tint number printed in the corner of the window with the correct tint , what you get back will match perfectly , we had a bullet hole crack in the front centre window of our previous 2000 Elddis and the replacement was spot on .Not cheap but .....

Posted

Thanks all. I have found a few breakers on the web and a few are near me so I will give them a ring after Xmas.. I will also need to go to the storage yard and get the number for the colour...

Many thanks

Marco f1

Posted

Try Feoffee at Pocklington.....really nice couple and helpful...they have a website.

Geoff

Posted

Talk about tint number is a waste of time, every window fades from the moment it's made/fitted and differently depending on where it's fitted on a van, how/where the vans used where/how it's stored, all depending on how much sunlight any particular window gets.

So a brand new 'identica tintl' window today will be miles darker than those fitted for several years, EECo uses a variety of tints to make a best match replacement, trouble with that is, the new window again will begin to fade but at a different rate to the originals. Therefore it will slowly go away from it's partners and possibly why your now looking for a replacement for what is already an earlier replacement?!

Finding a secondhand one will be a case of taking the one next to it to try and find a close match, in short. a close match is the best your ever likely get!

Posted

Talk about tint number is a waste of time, every window fades from the moment it's made/fitted and differently depending on where it's fitted on a van, how/where the vans used where/how it's stored, all depending on how much sunlight any particular window gets.

So a brand new 'identica tintl' window today will be miles darker than those fitted for several years, EECo uses a variety of tints to make a best match replacement, trouble with that is, the new window again will begin to fade but at a different rate to the originals. Therefore it will slowly go away from it's partners and possibly why your now looking for a replacement for what is already an earlier replacement?!

Finding a secondhand one will be a case of taking the one next to it to try and find a close match, in short. a close match is the best your ever likely get!

Have to disagree Gary , our Elddis was around 8 years old when the centre front window was replaced , and once fitted I could see no difference at the time ,and over the next 4 years of ownership and I can spot a resprayed car panel with no problem . so OP up to you