Campsites near Spa, Belgium

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Anybody know some great campsites near Spa

We have F1 tickets banana.gif

Posted

Cost you a ticket

drive1.gif

Joking aside not many campsites open now check out this website page(http://users.telenet.be/leo.huybrechts/b-frame.htm)

I have heard of this campsite http://www.eaurouge.nl/ which is open all year and not far from the circuit and is also ACSI

tongue1.gif

Posted

Dont worry its not til August 2015

but looks good choice thank you

Posted

We stayed at Spa d'Or which is about 10mins from the circuit; we were early in the season and they were busy getting the site ready for the main season but it was still ok. Don't forget to go into Stavelot and go to the F1 museum there.

http://www.campingspador.be/en

http://www.belgiumtheplaceto.be/abbey_of_stavelot.php

Posted

Thank you Alan banana.gifdrive1.gif

Posted

I understand that Camping Eau Rouge is right by the circuit. Trouble is that if you are going to an event at the circuit they might be fully booked.

David

Posted

I remember about 15 years ago going around part of the Spa circuit when it was still public road.......bloke in a small Fiat thought he was on Autostrada and overtook everyone and turned it over.....

geoff

Posted

Spa D'Or its a Camping Cheques sites, but I can't imagine they would be accepted during the race meetings!

Posted

Booked http://www.eaurouge.nl/ Camping L’Eau Rouge, then into Germany afterwards which will be an ACSI site probably

Thanks for the info all

Posted

In Germany an excellent ACSI Campsite is Prumtal Camping at Oberweis Page 304. Site No 724 in the ACSI CC Book 2015. Photo's here Hope this of help to you. You can visit the Mosel Valley from here and it is just 30 minutes into Vianden, Luxembourg for cheap fuel and visit to the Principality.

Dianne {snooks}

Posted

thank you, can you send us the link again as that one doesnt seem to work.

Im so looking forward to seeing the photos,

we are thinking of staying around Boppard, to make it quite central for the Rhine but still looking at the moment, so thanks for recommendation

Posted

Just had a look at the campsite 5 star

Looks great

Posted

It's thanks to Dianne ( snooks ) I too can rec' Prumtal camping, Oberweis. Really excellent site. We will be there again in a few weeks during our UK, Holland, Belgium, Germany run.

Happy caravanning, indoors

Posted

Just had a look at the campsite 5 star

Looks great

Did you look at pics on last years trip on my website as in the link in my signature?

For the Rhine look at ACSI Campsite at Geisenheim have not topped there but have visited it to have a look. Site is not near the Railways so not noisy from Trains running all day and night as you get on some sites on the river both sides. This site is not too far outside Rudesheim and handy for touring the Rhine Area there are two other sites mentioned on my website we have stopped at St Goar which has train noise or one nearer to Wiesbaden at Hattenheim not near the trains but not ACSI All these sites are oon Page 1 and 3 in Euro Site Reviews Germany.

Hope this helps sonjaf

snooks

Posted

Thank you Diane much appreciated, we are staying for 12 days so would like a nice site,

funnily enough when I googled the Rudesheim campsite your website came up straight away, looks stunning right on the Rhine

Posted

Thank you Diane much appreciated, we are staying for 12 days so would like a nice site,

funnily enough when I googled the Rudesheim campsite your website came up straight away, looks stunning right on the Rhine

sonjaf I would advise you to book Prumtal if you are thinking of stopping there.

Dianne

Posted

thank you Diane,

we are probably taking a risk not booking but we want to make sure we get nice weather so we shall check on predicted weather when we are in Spa, if not good might take a raincheck literally

also they dont take ACSI til 1st September and we wanted to stay for 12 nights from 24th August :yikes:

Posted

Oh I understand.

Dianne

Posted

Count down now,will be at the Black horse Tues for ferry Weds :drive:

Posted

Enjoy the Grand Prix, Mark! 2thumbsup.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

Spa long term weather forecast much improved for the weekend but Im taking that with a huge pinch of salt

Posted

Spa long term weather forecast much improved for the weekend but Im taking that with a huge pinch of salt

Fingers crossed, Sonja, it would make a change to have a Belgian GP without any rain!

1 person likes this

Posted

Fantastic couple of days so far. The campsite is now heaving

1 person likes this