Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fleetwood Garland Paintwork

Question

Posted

Hi, Im doing up a Fleetwood Garland and doing some repairwork to a few places on the front end, where the fibre glass has cracked. My question is this : does anyone know what the colour is called so I can source some touch-in spray paint?

Its a pale cream colour, and Im assuming its a Fleetwood basic colour, so if anyone can help with the colour name / code I'd be grateful.

Many thanks

~~ andy whitwham

post-17485-0-34568300-1415655802_thumb.j

8 answers to this question

Posted

Hi Andy, it may be worthwhile asking on the Fleetwood Owners Club website?

http://www.fleetwood-owners-club.co.uk/

Posted

Thanks for the info Oldsalt..much appreciated...but the Fleetwoood owners club is quite expensive to join, and you have to be a member to post a new topic in their Forum , and, it says they arent taking new registrations at the moment either.

Posted

Andy, that is very odd. I can't think of another solution, other than asking them. I hope someone will be able to give you an answer?

David

Posted

Hi David,

I seem to remember its around the £20 mark to join the Fleetwood owners club, providing they are accepting registrations...but I'll shop around a little and see what type of paint I can find....Thanks for your help.... ~ aw

Posted

Try and find an easilly removable bit of your van Example toilet cassette door, Take this to a GOOD car bodyshop supplier, They will mix you a colour to match, Most will fill an aerosol for you,

Posted

Some great ideas, thanks guys...much appreciated...

Posted

Regards taking a door etc for colour matching, do make sure it actually matches as the paint fades differently side to side depending how the vans stored and how much sunlight hits it.

It's then also worth saying, even a perfect match when applied new will fade so change and show over a couple of years.

Posted

Try emailing Allan he answers loads of queries judging by the number of 'email query' posts he makes on the forum. You may not get an immediate response if they are away though with limited Internet connection.