Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Raining -- It is pouring

5 posts in this topic

Posted

You know what they say - it never rains but it pours..

E-Bay --- Well what with the E-bay scam thing - which hopefully is sorted.2thumbsup.gif

Now my PC has gone down -- with all my stuff on it. sad2.gif

Accounts --- I use an accounting program called Quicken and the version I have is 2004 deluxe. Which is not backward compatible with the later programmes.w00t.gif

I do have the discs they do work on Windows 7 so hopefully, they, the kind computer shop people, will be able to install the programme on my new computer (+£400~~) and also rescue the files from the old one. rolleyes3.gif

I have rigged up Mary's lap top so that I can work and print.

E Mails --- I didn't realise that when I downloaded my emails on her machine suddenly I was getting 1400+ mails. She not had my emails downloaded since last holiday on this...laptop..

Diary and addresses -- use Lotus Organiser -- another old programme got the discs so might be OK

Next the Car!!! Head light hit by car in Tesco's car park, no problem, bloke will pay cash rather than insurance -- took it to get fixed £343 - just for the new head lamp.

OK bloke gave me £350 so not out of pocket but just another thing.

Hospital tomorrow as some of my old conditions have come back

-- I tell you -- at the moment -- I just don't want to know..

Need a holiday !!!!!

Maurice

Posted

got the new "puter" been sitting here for three hours figuring it out.. cant figure out the windows live mail -- or hoe to automatically to down load into folders etc.

Just got 240 emails and having to go through one by one sorting tem into folders.

There used to be a method of "make a rule for this message" -- but can't find it.

Just when I had the old one sorted as well !!

Posted

On the bad news theme, I was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer and whilst completing tests and awiting treatment, my other half found a lump! Perhaps it will get better.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't despair - I was diagnosed with prostate cancer four years ago, completed the radio/hormone therapy treatment one year ago and am now classed as ''clear'' - the treatment is painless but a bit time consuming but in the end absolutely worthwhile ---- good luck.

1 person likes this

Posted

got the new "puter" been sitting here for three hours figuring it out.. cant figure out the windows live mail -- or hoe to automatically to down load into folders etc.

Just got 240 emails and having to go through one by one sorting tem into folders.

There used to be a method of "make a rule for this message" -- but can't find it.

Just when I had the old one sorted as well !!

Right click the message doesn't this bring up a menu with rule on it

OK Just re read the post

Windows Live Mail which I dumped straight away I have M$ Office 365 installled and use Outlook much simpler and easier

ALSO I use MailwasherFree to filter my mails first but it doesn't like Hotmail servers