Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hacked Off !

23 posts in this topic

Posted

wine.gif

Went to collect the van from storage so we can empty it and give it a clean before chopping it in for the new one and discovered a scrape down the side. The storage site owner's away today so I won't be able to talk to him until the morning - I've got a strange feeling it'll be a case of "Sorry, there's no proof that the owner of the van next to you is responsible" despite our van not having moved for months !

Thinking twice about the new van ATM ...

wine.gif:wine:wine.gif

England.gif

Posted

Seems all too common a problem these days..do you have an allocated pitch with same neighbour's??

Geoff

Posted

wine.gif

Yes - that's why I want to talk to the site owner as I've no idea when in the last couple of months it occurred and he should have details of when the neighbour moved his van. Only downside is that there are no corresponding marks on the other van ... It's pretty ratty so I doubt it's insured and he probably doesn't have the cash to pay for the damage hence my expectation that he'll plead ignorance

England.gif

Posted

What have you been conned into buying by a smooth talking lying sales person? biggrin.png

Posted

wine.gif

A daylight examination has determined that the damage was done as the other van was moved out, my guess is that the idiot didn't have a banksman, turned left too early and his rear end swung out and clobbered mine. He probably didn't even know he'd done it until the next time he looked at the back of his own van.

It turns out that there's been THREE vans in that spot over the last two months - one has given up and sold his van to another person in the storage site so I've had a look and there's no corresponding damage, the current one was moved from another position by the site owner using his tractor with front towball and also has no damage ... Unfortunately the third one now resides somewhere in France with it's owner and the site owner has no details ...

England.gif

Posted

wine.gif

Ian, no smooth talking involved - we made our decision and had to LOOK for a salesman ! The odd thing is that he recognised us - he used to work in the workshop at Chichester Caravans in Colden Common and had worked on our van a couple of times. I didn't recognise him in a suit and tie ohmy.png Did us a decent deal with a good trade in (Which is now going to take a BIG hit !)

The van is a Lunar Clubman ES - not as big as your Delta but plenty big enough for us thumbup.gif

England.gif

Posted

wine.gif

Ian, no smooth talking involved - we made our decision and had to LOOK for a salesman ! The odd thing is that he recognised us - he used to work in the workshop at Chichester Caravans in Colden Common and had worked on our van a couple of times. I didn't recognise him in a suit and tie ohmy.png Did us a decent deal with a good trade in (Which is now going to take a BIG hit !)

The van is a Lunar Clubman ES - not as big as your Delta but plenty big enough for us thumbup.gif

wine.gifwine.gifwine.gif

England.gif

Welcome to the Lunar Club. That is a very nice caravan, but thought you would have gone for a fixed bed after all these years. Bathroom is a decent size. When you collect, make sure that you test the front skylight by lifting it and then fastening it down again. Apparently they can be a little tricky at first.

Posted

wine.gif

We've HAD a fixed bed for the last 7 years and SOMEBODY hates it - allegedly due to the compromises in space in the bathroom and kitchen but I reckon it's cos the front seats are too short for her to stretch out on while watching the idiot box !

First van was a Lunar 525 and we loved it

England.gif

Posted

wine.gif

We've HAD a fixed bed for the last 7 years and SOMEBODY hates it - allegedly due to the compromises in space in the bathroom and kitchen but I reckon it's cos the front seats are too short for her to stretch out on while watching the idiot box !

wine.gifwine.gifwine.gif

England.gif

Sure it is not because of the wind emitting from the rear end? biggrin.png

1 person likes this

Posted

Bummer about the scrape :-( Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Posted

What a pain!

Posted

Is it fixable Bob.. try Paul at Tourershine he can fix some small scrapes

Maurice

Posted

wine.gif

Cheaper and easier for the dealer to sort it TBH - they'll reduce the trade in a bit but only in line with the actual cost of the repair. They won't push it too far as it might cost them a sale

England.gif

Posted

wine.gif

wine.gifwine.gifwine.gif

England.gif

Bloody hell, they must be damn short!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

lol.gif:laugh:lol.gif

When I show her that your name will be in the book - suggest you get some protection for your ankles ;)

Posted

"my guess is that the idiot didn't have a banksman"

a banksman?.............I assume you mean someone guiding them out. Ive never heard that term before.

Posted

wine.gif

It's a term I picked up in the Army - it's really more appropriate for large vehicles/loads but I always use one when I'm manoeuvring the caravan in tight spaces

England.gif

Posted

as seen at all good motorway roadworks, no reversing without a banksman

Posted

Blimey, and there is me a trained vehicle marshal and banks man, necessary at my place.

Posted

Crane Drivers have banksman to guide them when the hook is out of sight, there is whole set of recognised hand/arm gestures to suit every circumstance like thumbdown.gif for down 2thumbsup.gif for up and w00t.gif get the hell out

1 person likes this

Posted

When I worked in the Steel Works the Crane Driver had a Slinger to help with directions.

There was also a guy who looked after the Chains............but I cant remember what they were called

Posted

A slinger slings, as in puts the chains/strops on the job securely and ensures the jobs balanced, once the job is on the move he can then also take on the the banksman's role, however, it is two separate skill sets