Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Incident at Channel Tunnel

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Just heard on the Radio that there are long delays on the Chunnel due to an "incident". Anyone heard what the "incident" is?

Posted

Doesn't say except problem now resolved but there is a 30 minute delay.

Posted

I think they said 4 hours delay...sounds like exaggeration or I heard it wrong

Posted

4 hours sounds about right if it's a broken down train in one of the tunnels. It happened last time I used the service and I think we were delayed for 4 hours from our scheduled departure, but since we'd turned up nearly 2 hours early (since you normally can, and get an earlier train) we were actually stuck at the terminal for about 6 hours.

I can't begin to explain the utter incompetence of whoever runs the show. Departures appearing and disappearing off the board. Some listed twice, both as 'please proceed' and 'wait for call.' At one point, there was a bit of a panic amongst some drivers when their departure went straight from 'wait for call' to 'departed.'

You couldn't swing a cat inside the terminal, and the queue for the information desk was massive. It came close to my definition of 'hell on Earth' and if it ever happens again, I'll turn around at the check-in and come back later.

post-5010-0-44275300-1412342252_thumb.jp