Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Vulcan Arms, Sizewell

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anyone been to this CL? It sounds nice, 100 yds from beach on Suffolk Heritage Coast with a pub / restaurant on-site and walks nearby.

If so would you recommend for a family with children and dogs? Looking on Google Street View the CL seems to be closr to and elevated over the road - so perhaps ok for a weekend but not a relaxing holiday?

TIA

Kev

Posted (edited)

It is elevated Kevin, not a bad area and the pub was ok if I remember rightly. OK for a weekend I would think

Some pics here https://plus.google.com/photos/100182384398139693239/albums/5381664524341502161

Edited by markf

Posted

Mark, your link doesn't seem to be working for me.

We went there earlier this year and without hesitation will be returning. It is a great location and only 100 yards stroll or so to the beach where you can walk for miles and miles and there are other lovely walks near by including the pathway just above the beach, dog's can run around to their hearts delight. There are many places to visit up and down the coast so a week would not go amiss whatsoever or perhaps even longer. I personally wouldn't think that two weeks is to long if you like going out and about exploring. If you are looking for peace and quiet you won't be dissapointed. Acccess to the site is right next to the pub and is absolutely no bother you couldn't wish for an easier access. This site is extremely popular having spoken to several other caravanners the site is usually booked up very often and needs to be booked early in order to assure you of a pitch. At the end of the road (dead end only leads to the beach) just around the corner to the left is a super cafe on the beach, well priced, good food and quick service. As you go around the corner to the left you can see the cafe in front of you and as you walk towards the cafe on your left there are double wooden gates and if they are open the fisherman sells crabs that he catches, cant't get fresher than that. Trevor the landlord has a special sense of humour which I don't think everyone understands after all he is a landlord. In the five day's we were there we ate in the pub twice and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. There are plenty of other places to eat around the area or in Leiston literally minutes away. If you want to have a meal in the pub I strongly recommend booking very early if you intend going on a Thursday (curry night), Friday, Saturday or the carvery on a Sunday. It is always difficult to make recommendations because one man's meet is another man's poison and we all look for something different when choosing a site. Trevor has got regulars that visit him several times a year and some have been going there for the past 10/12 years so that must say something in his favour. Hope this helps.

Posted

We have been in the cafe on the beach. The food was ok. As for the site it looked ok and was busy.

Posted

Thanks for replies / info guys - will let you know what we decide.