Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Calor Calorlite RECALL

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Check this out folk actioned on the 15th of September and only related to the 6Kg Calorlite cylinders

http://www.calor.co.uk/recall

Just checked mine and now I'm of to the dealers for a free replacement of a empty cylinder for a full one !!

1 person likes this

Posted

Both mine are out as of last weekend so they will be going back

Posted

Ive got 4. You can guess which year the full one is.

Posted

Check this out folk actioned on the 15th of September and only related to the 6Kg Calorlite cylinders

http://www.calor.co.uk/recall

Just checked mine and now I'm of to the dealers for a free replacement of a empty cylinder for a full one !!

Perhaps waiting until Wednesday is advisable?

'Please note that our network are currently being briefed and should be in a position to start handling returns from Wednesday 24th September'

Posted

Both mine are 2014 - which is good, especially as they are both full.

Posted

Beejay

Didn't see that line as it wasn't there when I looked but the dealer had no problem exchanging my 2008 empty cylinder for a full 2014 one

They weren't impressed as they had had a visit from their Calor Rep two days ago

Posted

This must have come to Calor's attention recently as both my bottles purchased at their local main stockist are marked 2008 one about 2 months old the other only about 4 weeks old neither has the punched hole that donates they have been checked, one is full and unused the other about 3/4 full.

Posted

This must have come to Calor's attention recently as both my bottles purchased at their local main stockist are marked 2008 one about 2 months old the other only about 4 weeks old neither has the punched hole that donates they have been checked, one is full and unused the other about 3/4 full.

It seems that Calor have been aware of the problem for awhile, but did nothing otherwise why would some cylinders have been checked already although they were bought awhile ago?

Posted

Basically if you have two 2008 cylinders take them to get them changed we were always puzzled by the smell of gas everytime we went into the caravan when we were using it and it ran out long before it should have done

It could have caused us a real problem if the leak had been larger and the gas had exploded

Posted

Our local very large Calor dealer claimed to know nothing of any recall to begin with, but when they saw the printed off sheet from Calor they said it might be to do with Calor getting some lite's back that were dented that had rust on the inside where the dent was, seems a bit unlikely?

However they agreed to change mine but when we went to their stock pile of around 20 recently delivered bottles that they had outside they were not the inspected type or in the good date range, so they went to a sealed trailer that had arrived yesterday and that did have inspected ones on it.

It seems to me that maybe Calor might have trouble keeping up with this recall.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the heads-up. Shame I didn't know earlier - I'd have done a lot more cooking on gas.

I'm away for the weekend though, so I'll see how much I can use before getting it swapped out. I might even forego EHU and save myself a couple of quid sneaky.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

Tried Go-Outdoors and the Calor centre and guess what - no replacement bottles in stock

Could be quite a wait

Lucky its only one bottle thats affected

Posted

Well I've had a look at mine, and noticed some scratches in the paint that are rusting a little. Perhaps that's an issue with the thinner steel. I've also weighed it and discovered that there's still 4.9 kilos of gas left in it. Between that, and the fact that there's going to be an immediate rush on them, I think I'll run the outdoor barbie off it for a bit. The cylinder is outdoors (so gas build up shouldn't be an issue) and I might as well get at least a couple of kilos of free gas for the hassle of having to return it.

Posted

No problem exchanging ours at the Calor depot in Worcester. Prompt friendly service.

Posted

Strangely I took a 2010 empty bottle (emptied on our last trip) to Go Outdoors and they had stock, until I said the word 're-call' and then mysteriously the stock went missing. Fortunately we have a Calor Gas depot nearby, I took it there and I had no problem. So we are the proud owners of a brand new bottle, which is full - magic.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just checked our 2 bottles - 1 is 2010 and in the recall, 1 is 2012 so not. Both empty so both going back in for exchange. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

Posted

At rally over weekend was told that one major Yorkshire caravan dealer not exchanging bottles ' as we are only an agent' and they should go to a Calor dealer.....

geoff

Posted

At rally over weekend was told that one major Yorkshire caravan dealer not exchanging bottles ' as we are only an agent' and they should go to a Calor dealer.....

geoff

That's not what the Calor website says should happen

Posted

That's why I posted the comment...

Geoff