Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kamps Rally 200 - Rain collecting on awning roof

Question

Posted

Hi, I have seen that other people have suffered from water collecting on their awning roof with the Kampa Rally Air 360, I have got this problem with my Kampa Rally 200, huge pool's either side of the Monsoon pole is this a general problem on Kampa Rally awnings and is their a remedy? thsnks for any replies in anticipation.

14 answers to this question

Posted

I had no problem with mine but is there not also a side to side spreader in addition to the monsoon pole? Memory may be wrong!

Posted

I had no problem with mine but is there not also a side to side spreader in addition to the monsoon pole? Memory may be wrong!

Yes there is but it didn't make any difference, still had large pools collecting.

Posted

I have 2 Kampa awnings 1 of the first generation 260's and that required 2 monsoon poles with suckers on the end, when I use my later version 200 I use the one monsoon pole in the middle and the 2 others with the suckers either side of it this cuts down on the puddles on the roof.

Posted

I have 2 Kampa awnings 1 of the first generation 260's and that required 2 monsoon poles with suckers on the end, when I use my later version 200 I use the one monsoon pole in the middle and the 2 others with the suckers either side of it this cuts down on the puddles on the roof.

Thank you for your input. Did you get the same problem on your Kamps 260? we are in a dilemma, if the problem doesn't exist on the 260 then we may well change the 200 for a 260 but if you had the same problem on the 260 even with monsoon ploes then we may be jumping out of the pan into the fire and may be better off getting two more monsoon poles to put onr either side as you do. Thanks once again.

Posted

Never had any puddles on my Kampa 260.....everything should be taut so water runs off.

geoff

Posted

Never had any puddles on my Kampa 260.....everything should be taut so water runs off.

geoff

Many thanks for your reply I think I may be swaying to the 260, I'm not completely convinced that more monsoon poles will solve the problem completely.

Posted

We had puddles on our 260 even with the monsoon poles and every thing as taught as it would go one side of the roof panels seems to be looser then the the other.

Posted

We had puddles on our 260 even with the monsoon poles and every thing as taught as it would go one side of the roof panels seems to be looser then the the other.

As Geoff has never had any puddle's on his Kampa 260 and yours was the first generation of the 260 could they have found a fault and remedied it? hence that would explain why Geoff doesn't get any puddles, I wonder!

Posted

Interesting...we bought ours about 18 months ago on recommendation of someone who had an early model and they didn't seem to have a problem either.

geoff

Posted

Thanks for all the replies on this posting.

Posted

We get puddles on our Kampa 200 - but usually only when the rain is very heavy. Hubby solved it by putting the windbreak poles crossways across the monsoon pole to help.

Posted

Many thanks

We get puddles on our Kampa 200 - but usually only when the rain is very heavy. Hubby solved it by putting the windbreak poles crossways across the monsoon pole to help.

Many thanks for your input it's certainly worth trying, ATB

Posted

We have had a Rally200 for about 3 years now and had it pool when first bought which prompted us to buy a monsoon pole; since then no problems except once but that was due to the slope of the pitch we were on.

Now saving for a Kampa Fiesta Pro with optional canopy!

Posted

On the Kampa 200 a size 3 ladies Croc shoe (pink) upside down positioned over the crossing of the monsoon pole and the aluminium stretcher bar works just fine to stop water pooling on either side.

Honestly. biggrin.png

1 person likes this