Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fleetwood Garland 165-5

Question

Posted

Hi

I am new to the world of caravanning, having recently purchased a Fleetwood Garland.

I think it is a 1990 model (no shouting at me, we bought it on the spur of the moment! lol) it has no manuals and no plate next to the door to tell us what year it is

It has one main window at the front (from pics I can find it seems that 1990 is only model with that type of front window??

Could anyone help me to source a manual so I can figure out how to get the water to come through the taps and figure out what the control panel does!

TIA

Kirsty

5 answers to this question

Posted

A picture of the control panel would help.

Posted

Welcome to T&T Kirsty pics would help as Martin said

In regards to the water I take it your van an external pump, when that is plugged in and switched on at the control panel are you not getting water through?

Not sure on your caravan but that panel normally has the switches for the lights, water pump, fridge etc

Pics really would help

Posted

Hi Kirsty,

Is it anything like what is in my images below? Our's was a 1991 model, so likely to be more or less the same equipment.
Sadly it is so long ago, so my memory may play tricks on me. The water system was Carver and there may be a pump in a small covered recess near the water heater. I think the pump was permanently attached, unless it has been change for a more up to date version. I'm lost with the control panel, sorry.

There is a Fleetwood owners club website, so that may be your best option for manuals etc?

http://www.fleetwood-owners-club.co.uk/

David

post-9671-0-01452400-1408096643_thumb.jp

post-9671-0-69544200-1408096966_thumb.jp

Posted

Don't you just love it!!! Jads comes on the forum on the 14th August requesting help, got some replies but never reappears with feedback, thanks, nothing!! Sometimes make you wonder why we bother!!

David

Posted

Don't you just love it!!! Jads comes on the forum on the 14th August requesting help, got some replies but never reappears with feedback, thanks, nothing!! Sometimes make you wonder why we bother!!

David

This seems to happen a lot on all the forums that I belong to!