Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Retensioning Flyscreens

Question

Posted

Anyone tried and is it easy/hard and are there any diagrams knocking about?

6 answers to this question

Posted

The manual says REMIjoy combination window blinds

Tried to adjust the top screw but it didn't seem to want to adjust and I didn't want to force it but maybe I should

Did you try pushing the screw in first

to tension the blinds you push the screw in then turn it otherwise it doesn't turn

Posted

Hi Mark,

It's incredibly easy.. or at least it was when I did one last year.

Remove complete blind from the 'van.

To do this carefully remove the plastic end plates/corners.

Once you have access to the blinds and you effectively just rewind some tension into them.

Replace them back into the 'van. and re fit the plastic ends/corners.

I was very surprised as to how easy it was.

Good luck,

HTH,

G.

Posted

Many thanks Graham, I will let you know as i am going to give it a go at the weekend

Posted

Some don't even need removing if you can get to the top corners, You don't say what make of blinds there are different types,, And some turn different ways to tighten.

Posted

The manual says REMIjoy combination window blinds

REMIflair blinds are delivered with the correct
amount of tension in the spring. However, it may
be necessary in the future to adjust the spring.
On the left hand side of the cassette you will find
two tensioning screws. The top one is for the fly
screen and the lower screw is for the sun screen.
Rotate clockwise 1 or 2 turns until the correct
tension is reached. The blinds should rewind
without stopping or in a sluggish manner. Take
care no to over tighten the spring.

Tried to adjust the top screw but it didn't seem to want to adjust and I didn't want to force it but maybe I should

Posted

Thanks all, tried it and no problems, the ones at the front are a bit more tricky as they are so close together, but all done now.2thumbsup.gif

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard
  • Topics

• Catches this week
      By carper · Posted
      I’m off again on Thursday and hopefully getting more. That fish was my first from this water for a long time. I left the club about 15 years ago. There have been a lot of changes since then especially in the fish size apparently there are at least 20x20s and 4x30s. So I am hoping for something a lot bigger
    • Catches this week
      By shipbroker · Posted
      Had five nights Greenhill Leisure managed a couple of days scrap bashing small roach....next man had six carp on pellet nice to see. They have three small lakes and one new large one...carp to 20lb plus we believe,free fishing if staying on site. Geoff
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Anna85

• Three Innovative Caravans of the Future
      By markf

Since the production of the first recreational caravans 130 years ago, there have been numerous adaptations to the typical trailer model and its usability and affordability. After their original conception, cheaper and more commercial trailers have been developed over the years so that they can be appreciated by as wide a demographic as possible. Have a look at this infographic from Salop Leisure for a brief view of their design history.

Nowadays, manufacturing companies are becoming more daring and are experimenting with the physical restrictions and aesthetics of the iconic vehicle. This has led to a whole range of caravans with astonishing futuristic features.

Here is my pick of three caravans that could be making waves in the industry!

The Sealander

sealander.jpg

Source: supercompressor.com

This is a one of a kind caravan that takes ‘multi-functional’ to a whole new level. This modern marvel can not only traverse across land, but thanks to its electric motor and amphibious design it can also successfully venture into water as well! You’ll be able to dive into a whole new set of camping opportunities with this vehicle.

Features

• Compact size: 12.8 x 5.25ft with an internal space of 5.1 x 6.56ft
      • Ultra-light fiberglass exterior means that the caravan weighs just 380kg and can be towed easily
      • Electric 5hp motor to navigate shallow waters (and also power your on-board devices)
      • Waterproof design: LED lights, double bottom to protect against sinking, corrosive-proof materials
      • Variety of modules on offer, including the standard utilities and an optional porter loo
      • Interior design can be fully personalised to suit your tastes and needs
      • Roof can be removed and the inside layout can be altered
      • Benches fit six comfortably and may be rearranged into a bunk bed or double bed

What do you think about this concept? Is it about time we had adaptable vehicles such as this or is it just a glorified boat?

At EUR 15,000, I love the idea and the diverse camping potentials it offers but the price tag sinks my enthusiasm! For the same cost you could even buy a separate boat and trailer!

Perhaps there’s a reason that this is the only amphibious caravan to have ever gone into mass production…

The Knaus Tabbert Caravisio

Caravisio.jpg

Source: pursuitist.com

German company Knaus Tabbert believe that The Caravisio is an exciting new concept caravan that demonstrates what the future of this industry could look like. While it’s not amphibious like The Sealander, the modern Caravisio draws on yachts for design inspiration and is host to an extensive range of incredible hi-tech features.

Features

• Large size: 29.5ft long x 8.2ft wide
      • Hi-tech app controls lighting, sound, heating, air suspension and even the glass frosting
      • Finger print-activated biometric technology for extra security
      • Smart glass dual-paned sliding door
      • Fits two single beds or one King-size double
      • Rear wall can be transformed into a giant cinema screen
      • Fiberglass shell exterior with a cone-shape design to make it more aerodynamic
      • Spacious bathroom with intelligent touchscreen water management system
      • Fold-out deck and remote-controlled deck roof
      • Sleek and stylish interior design

The makers believe that this is the space-age vehicle ‘of the future’, citing declining numbers of caravans in Europe in their judgement. It was brought to realisation through a collaboration between over 20 different companies and industry experts.

The company must have faith in The Caravisio, as the luxurious trailer cost them £88,000 to design, and the resulting prototype model costs a whopping £500,000!

While The Caravisio is exciting in its demonstration of the technological potential that a vehicle can have, its ability to radically alter the caravan industry may be somewhat limited by its costs and select market.

Knaus Tabbert even admit that it “does not claim to be reproducible nor suitable for series production”. Guess most of us will just have to stick to our average manually-controlled caravan for the time being!

The Mehrzeller Concept Caravan

Mehrzeller.jpg

Source: theawesomer.com

This caravan is pioneering change in the standard models and designs of a trailer by allowing the customer to select their own multicellular layout. The idea is to focus on personalised living and on creating the best mobile home experience possible. If one thing’s for sure, it certainly makes for an eye-catching sight on the roads!

Features

• Size: Approx. 17ft long x 7.5ft wide
      • Sandwich style fiberglass and polyurethane foam walls provide good insulation
      • Computer-configured design and layout, unique for every customer
      • Exterior can be tailored with a selection of graphics
      • Stylish interior features including flat-screen TV and high spec. bathroom and kitchen facilities
      • Leather upholstery and recessed fittings

Concept vehicles began to emerge in the 21st Century and this particular model was introduced to us in 2008 by Austrian architects. It is being praised as one of the most original travel trailers on the current market and there are hopes that it will encourage a new generation of customized mobile living to suit our fast-moving age.

The gemstone-like geometric design of this caravan’s interior means that it could become a little claustrophobic, as a significant amount of space is wasted to create the look and the trailer can only afford two windows. On the other hand, this new angle on camping is sure to breathe some life into the caravan industry and inspire designers and manufacturers to experiment more.

Do you find that the design of this trailer is too outlandish or are you enthusiastic about seeing something original on the market?

Would you invest in any of these futuristic caravans?

Article by Katrina Hinrichsen

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Popular Contributors

1. 1
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts