Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Thetford Cassette C-200 CW vs Amateur

Question

Posted

Good day new friends. I bought a caravan last week only to discover I know nothing about them. I have a list of topics I would love to learn more about however I have decided to start with the most important one. The toilet.

The van has the aforementioned Thetford toilet. It has a plunger for a flush. There must have been some water still in the water tank as the toilet flushed for the first few days. This has now finished. I consulted the manual to find out about refilling. It tells me to open the waterfill door and fill the tank. On opening the door all I have access to is a flue pipe. There is no hose or any opening to pour chemicals or water into. On discovering this I hoped that the main fresh water supply would refill the toilet water tank but this does not appear to be the case.

Any advise would be hugely appreciated.

8 answers to this question

Posted

Jelvis,

You will need to manually top up the flush tank with water (no chemicals necessary, but some vanners use the pink fluid).

Not sure what you mean by a' flue pipe', but there should be something like the petrol filler on your car where you can pour the water in - either directly from a plastic bottle or perhaps use a watering can.

It should look something like this ...

post-17133-0-57354700-1407112145_thumb.j

Good luck,

John

Posted

Jelvis, add a pic' taken from the outside regards your toilet, John I think that pic is of your fresh water inlet, not the loo filler.

Jelvis, newer caravans than yours have a thetford model that flushes using the 'vans water system, though IMO the separate tank with pink in as yours is, is the better.

Happy caravanning, indoors.

Posted

Indoors,

No, it's definitely the toilet flush water inlet ... I don't have an on-board fresh water tank.

John

Posted

same loo filler as my van

Posted

Jevis is your thetford toilet like this one..do let us know so someone can help you.this is the c-200cw

http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/caravan/water/thetford_cassette_toilets/thetford_toilet_c-200cw__thetford_c-200cwe_cassette_and_spares.aspx

Posted

Hi all,

A picture could show the type of toilet, on Jelvis's '96 Elddis I doubt it's the swivel toilet, if there isn't a fixed swing out filler above the removable holding tank on the outside, the flush tank is probably filled from inside the toilet room through a filler on the top of the toilet near the plunger.

Happy caravanning, indoors.

Posted

Hi Everyone. Thank you for all the great advise. I was over thinking the whole issue. I expected to find a hose or filler pipe behind the little door. Didn't realise it was just a case of pouring the water in. Toilet now working wonderfully.

Cheers,

Pete.

Posted

I love a happy ending yes.gif .