Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Light on A-frame cover

Question

Posted

Something I've never seen working on my 'van, which I assume is to illuminate the front locker. Does it have a switch, or does it come on with the road lights, or like the fridge, does it require some kind of masonic handshake or other ritualistic dance routine to make it come on? I can't find mention of it in the owners manual.

10 answers to this question

Posted

Absolutely, and having stripped it out, the bulb is at least 50 shades of black!

Add to that how opaque the actual fitting has become and it would be about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

So a quick search on eBay and a new one is on the way: Might as well have things right if they are fitted for a purpose.

Happy days!

Posted

Are you referring to a light in the locker or a light on the A frame? Maybe a picture of the light would help answering your query?

Posted

Yep will do that in a bit, ta, It's on the a-frame cover like the title suggests.

Posted

Yep will do that in a bit, ta, It's on the a-frame cover like the title suggests.

Are you sure it is not an ATC light which is on an ALKO chassis, but not sure about the BPW chassis which may have something similar.

Posted

Deano,

The Bailey Senator has a lamp on the A-frame cover which is directed back into the gas locker to illuminate it.

If I remember correctly the switch is just inside the main door.

Both items are kept out of the locker to avoid the risk of a spark igniting any leaking gas.

John

1 person likes this

Posted

Whoops! Just remembered

IMAG0240_zpse3e61c90.jpg

Posted

No ATC or similar fitted, Surfer.

John, that sounds spot-on. I think perhaps the bulb is blown, hence no switch will make it work.

Posted

Identical to my Compass ( upmarket Elddis)

The switch will be in the general lighting switch panel , start by checking the bulb which is a festoon type , once you know it is good , flipping through the switches should reveal the one concerned

Posted

Yep, thanks Rodders. Tried it and sure enough it works although it is woefully inadequate at the moment. I will take it apart and try a clean up and if possible replace with an LED type.

Posted

at least an led unit will not create too much battery drain should it be left on when not hooked up to ,mains