Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Daughter wants to use the caravan?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

My daughter has asked if her and her friend plus the friends son could stay in our caravan?

I would need to take and collect them plus tow the van.

But would you? This is our eldest asking who at least is tidy

Posted

Ahhh why not Mark, at least you know where they would be...

Posted

I think I would but with the understanding that the caravan is more important to me than the house is,

as it keeps me sane after a working week..

They have used it many times on the drive when they have friends over - a little different I know

but I would be on tenterhooks until I retrieved it after the holiday !!!!

Posted

Provided she is prepared to empty the toilet before handing it back I would say yes

1 person likes this

Posted

Go on you miserable git - let 'em have a good time!! banana.gif

With appropriate threats of course....devil.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

My daughter has asked if her and her friend plus the friends son could stay in our caravan?

I would need to take and collect them plus tow the van.

But would you? This is our eldest asking who at least is tidy

After being in the same situation the answer is NO

Wish Steph had said NO would have had to repair the caravan after their trip

Posted

Provided she is prepared to empty the toilet before handing it back I would say yes

Solomon himself could not have conceived a more wise pre-condition 2thumbsup.gif

Posted

You sound like they are complete strangers remember they are family.Do you love them will you do anything for them. Both our kids have used our caravan and we are happy to let them borrow it . I even empty the toilet

Posted

After lending our caravan to my brother and his family, we would be very reluctant to let any of our kids and their family use it and we would have sleepless nights until it was returned. BTW have you found any campsites that will allow a same sex group of that age?

Posted

We let Kristian (19) use our van with his girlfriend and another friend for 4 nights in June. Being short of dosh he wanted a bit of a holiday but couldn't afford to rent a lodge etc so he asked to use the van. I wrote a list of instructions and rules and although was worried initially, they coped really well and the caravan was in tact on our return. We towed it for them about an hours drive to one of our favourite CL's, put the awning up and left them too it - they had a great time. Didn't mind emptying the toilet, filling the water etc but then again he's grown up with that (as have yours). They paid their own site fees, I charged them minimum fuel for towing the van up so that they had actually 'paid' for their holiday.

My view is that if you've got a list of rules in place (one of the main ones being use a board when using straighteners!!), and you trust them to stick to them, no worries. They probably won't be in the van that much anyway, just using it as a base. The site owner was very complimentary about them on when we went back to collect the van.

Go for it Mark, you've got two very well brought up girls - everything will be fine.

The worst thing was not being able to use the van ourselves sad2.gif

Posted

I would say yes in principle as your daughters know how to 'use' a caravan. My only concern would be the child and how young he / she is? For the same reason I've always been weary about taking my kids to a friend's appartment. Kids are kids afterall and are very good at breaking things even when properly supervised.