Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

IE Flaw

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Microsoft are calling it a flaw. I think its just another reason to never use IE again or even switch to Ubuntu Check out my blog for more details.

Posted

Buy an iMac.

Posted

Does anyone still use Internet Explorer?

I use Firefox. Have done for years.

Posted

Ditto, I read that and smiled as I though nothing to do with me!, I was though forced to use an older version of IE until recently for just one application, now completely free of what is the lead weight of browsers

Posted

It's a pity that you can't "uninstall" IE from a window's machine ( Or can you ? I've not found a way yet!!)

(BTW I'm on Windows 7)

Posted

It's a pity that you can't "uninstall" IE from a window's machine ( Or can you ? I've not found a way yet!!)

(BTW I'm on Windows 7)

ive tried and never managed

Posted

You can't uninstall it as it's part of the os, no need to use it though, its never been opened on my windows 8 laptop, I love chrome as it syncs perfectly with tablet and phone. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Posted

Microsoft have agreed to patch the flaw on IE 8 on XP despite the fact that support has ended because it "happened within a couple of days of support being withdrawn"!

Cheers

Keith

Posted

You can't uninstall it as it's part of the os, no need to use it though, its never been opened on my windows 8 laptop, I love chrome as it syncs perfectly with tablet and phone. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

so if it doesnt open etrc, why does ccleaner find ie things to delete/clean ?? i dont understand

Posted

That might be due to the fact IE is integrated in to the operating system processes, this includes things like windows update, which may be why CCleaner finds IE things to delete. Would need to see the things it finds, to be sure.

Depending on your version of windows you can either disable IE or uninstal it. But Windows still requires the use of Internet Explorer, so manual updates will no longer be possible. Automatic updates, if enabled, should continue unaffected. Even though you may be disabling/uninstalling Internet Explorer, you are not actually removing it. Your Windows XP PC still uses Internet Explorer for a number of internal processes. So personally I would leave it be and use Firefox or Chrome and set it to the default browser.