Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Antivirus

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Which Antivirus are your using in your computer at the moment ?

Posted

AVG Free. But I have heard good things about Avast Free too.

Posted

ESET

British & VERY effective

Cheers

Keith

Posted

ESET actually Slovakian but still the best I have found.

Posted

Plusnet Protect which is Actually McAfee and they filter emails at their end too

USED to use Zone Alarm and before that AVG but when they supply this free and it came preloaded on the new computer not going to try to remove it ............yet

Posted

Antivir !!!

We don't sell cheap doors, we sell doors cheap ????

Posted

Microsoft free, No problems at all and NO detriment to performance compared to some, But add CCleaner, and Malwarebytes for great all round protection.

Posted

norton 360, have to pay an annual fee, but updates new definitions daily

Posted

Malwarebytes which after many years of using the free version, I bought it. I've never had a problem so I'd rate it excellent, as is CCleaner which I trust enough to delete anything it wants from the registry! w00t.gif

I might add that finally there's an Android version of Malwarebytes for the phone yes.gif

Also though and as a NatWest online customer, I've got 'Rapport', this stops any stuff logging key stokes to find any of your passwords, not just NatWest

Posted

Antivir and Rapport here too.

Posted

Antivir and Rapport here too.

We use ESET and no issues. It was my understanding that using tow different Anti Virus programs could cause conflicts and slow down the computer and even cause it to crash? I also cannot understand the necessity for having two AV programs on the same computer?

Posted

Having got infected with "conduit", a very unwanted pup, (which loads its own search engine which appears in different forms including Bing) recently I had severe difficulty in erasing it. Hitman Pro was recommended in a search and this found 54 pups tied to conduit that Malwarebytes, AVG and Bit Defender had missed. Not only that it actually removed them. Thirty day free trial available.

Posted

Malwarebytes which after many years of using the free version, I bought it. I've never had a problem so I'd rate it excellent, as is CCleaner which I trust enough to delete anything it wants from the registry! w00t.gif

I might add that finally there's an Android version of Malwarebytes for the phone yes.gif

Also though and as a NatWest online customer, I've got 'Rapport', this stops any stuff logging key stokes to find any of your passwords, not just NatWest

Rapport has been reported with some flaws and although my bank recommended it I removed it after a couple of weeks. Try searching "rapport problems".

Try Keyscambler which runs in the background. http://www.qfxsoftware.com/

Posted

I am using Avast! since 2010 and never had any problem with viruses .

Posted

Avast on the laptop, because SWMBO has no problems with it and had her own issues with AVG. Until the last couple of years I used Avast on my desktop and found it great but then some disagreement between windows 8 and Avast happened so I changed to AVG. Both work extremely well in dealing with all viruses, both are updated daily and both screen everything that comes and everything that goes out. You pays no money and takes your pick, they both do as good a job as the paid for versions.

Posted

Norton Internet Security on all four machines.

David

Posted

AVG & Microsofts own

geoff

Posted

I am using kaspersky and I think it is the best antivirus program available at the moment.

Posted

I am using kaspersky and I think it is the best antivirus program available at the moment.

I used to have this one on the old desk top it was what is used in Northamptonshire schools.

When I got the latest desk top it came with ESET and this has been working well. Updating several times an hour. I has picked up things and automatically quarantined them for looking at and then deleting.

No problems

Maurice

Posted

Eset on all 5 computers at home and 6 at work never had a issue in 7 years.

Posted

Eset on all 5 computers at home and 6 at work never had a issue in 7 years.

Same year, but we do not have an anti virus program on Margaret's iPad as far as I am aware. Not even sure how to load it onto a Mac machine.

Posted

I use Free Windows Security Essentials and CCleaner as recommended by Which both excellent. Use AVG Free on the Phone.

No problems with any I used AVG Free on XP Desk top and 2 Laptops with out problems but changed to Windows when it was first recommended by Which. I swear by the Which Computing magazine which comes out bi monthly full of interesting info for all Computors and Pads.

iPad does not need Anti virus