Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Selling old records

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Any tips on selling old records, eg best place to find out prices and what if anything you should look for, would ebay be the best place to sell them etc

Any and all tips appreciated

Posted

I'll hang on your coat tails on this one Mark, if I may. Got some vinyl to shift from Jane's Mother's House now she has gone into care.

I've a feeling the answer might be if you can find someone to take them away for free, snatch their hand off!

Cheers

Keith

Posted

I can see what you mean, I have been looking online it isn't easy but we did get an offer of £100 if our version of jesus christ superstar was an early one. So now I am not so sure, looking online though there aren't many that go for that kind of money

Posted

I was having a "sort out " some time ago and we had literally hundreds of records - 78 45 and 33's we got rid of them locally -- to someone on here --- I think... just gave them away... no problems.. was the "right thing to do" at the time.

OMG We have just been watching TV that Vinyl is now in vogue and is coming back into fashion --and the recommendations are to hang on!!

But looking back at what they are saying now on the INTERNET these old vinyls are worth their weight --

So if yo can store them do so.. They aren't costing you any thing and they may pay you back -- don't know when but they just might do..

Maurice

Posted

I was having a "sort out " some time ago and we had literally hundreds of records - 78 45 and 33's we got rid of them locally -- to someone on here --- I think... just gave them away... no problems.. was the "right thing to do" at the time.

OMG We have just been watching TV that Vinyl is now in vogue and is coming back into fashion --and the recommendations are to hang on!!

But looking back at what they are saying now on the INTERNET these old vinyls are worth their weight --

So if yo can store them do so.. They aren't costing you any thing and they may pay you back -- don't know when but they just might do..

Maurice

Well said Maurice!

I have some jingles from the offshore Radio period! No way will I get rid! My son can sell them when I have gone if he wishes!

Posted

I saw on tv the other night that Vinyl sales are soaring , I didn't realise this, apparently its now big business again and the sales of turntables are going through the roof, I have boxes of LP's somewhere.

Phil.

Posted

Ive just given away 200 lp's as i couldnt find anywhere that would buy them, there was some old stuff in there like a Marilyn Monroe record

Posted

I've still got all my old records - starting with singles from the Sixties that I bought with money from my Saturday job (2/6 an hour in the toy and bike department of Currys - sounds strange now!).

Sorry - digressed.

Then LP's from the Seventies - gradually decreasing as marriage and children meant my income fell.

Some albums I have on LP, cassette and CD (and now digitally) and wouldn't get rid of any. But I am a hoarder.

We have what was once an expensive HiFi system and still use it. Last week I ordered a new stylus (the wonder of Ebay) as the records didn't sound right.

I'm tempted to buy Vinyl copies of new releases, but so far have resisted.

Don't get rid of them!