Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eurotunnel

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I have always used the Ferry to get to France, this year I have booked the Eurotunnel. How easy it it to get there from the M20? Is it easy to book in and drive on? I would appreciate any other information about the service.

Les

Posted

M20 to Eurotunnel is easier than Dover

Just follow the signs straight from the Motorway

they usually do a gas check on a caravan and if you have a Blue Badge make sure it's in your window as you arrive then you will be loaded amongst the first vehicles on the single deck cars

To be honest I wish I could afford to travel that way all the time we visit France

But for Spain then Bilbao wins hands down

Posted

Graham thanks for that we do have a blue badge although I didn't know that you were loaded on one of the first. We have used Tesco vouchers and there fore it we are virtually getting it free. I agree going to Spain the best way is Portsmouth to Bilbao we went that way in December.

Les

Posted

I can't see that Blue Badge holders would have any priority if with a caravan or motorhome as those of with gas on board are usually the last to be loaded!!! Tailend Charlies!!! Its also doubtful that there would be any advantage anyway. I can see what Graham means if you are in a solo car as there is a lot more room in the high carriages.

David

Posted

I can't see that Blue Badge holders would have any priority if with a caravan or motorhome as those of with gas on board are usually the last to be loaded!!! Tailend Charlies!!! Its also doubtful that there would be any advantage anyway. I can see what Graham means if you are in a solo car as there is a lot more room in the high carriages.

David

No David

We have not used the tunnel solo

and we have only used it since I have had blue badge

When we arrived and were told to put the blue badge in the window by the check in staff

they also put a Disabled sticker on the car windscreen ( which they actually got out of their booth and put on the car themselves)

then we were directed to an empty queuing lane for our gas check

then we were put in the lane with all the other M/H and caravans that were all marked as disabled

our queue was first to board and when I asked why it was so if there was a medical problem we could be got to easily by the staff or emergency services whilst on the train

Posted

Perhaps that's only at staffed booths. If you use the automatic booths, they'd never know!

Posted

Eurotunnel website...

Call forward and Boarding

Passengers with reduced mobility are requested to proceed to boarding immediately upon the first call of their letter. Information regarding boarding can be found on the screens inside the Passenger Terminal Buildings in both Folkestone and Calais.

On leaving the terminal simply follow the overhead signs to the boarding lanes.

We will always endeavour to board vehicles belonging to reduced mobility passengers first. This ensures that our crew can easily identify any passengers who may, in the unlikely event of an emergency, require additional assistance.

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard