Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 starts here ... anyone else away this weekend?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Well after the darkness, rain and winds of winter 1st March is all but here ... which means the start of the season for many sites.

Our site opens it's gates for 2014 this weekend so we're off today.

Not seen the van since we closed it up and left it on site end of October so we're hoping to find it in one piece! (it's on a seasonal pitch very close to a beach)

Even the weather looks as though it's playing ball this weekend ... well that's the forecast for Caernarfon

Anyone else starting the season this weekend?

2thumbsup.gif

Posted

Yes we are away although we did go away for 4 days 4 weeks ago. We are at Hunters Moon until Thursday if anyone else is there come and say hello!rolleyes3.gif

Posted

Well, we've arrived to find our van fully intact after being left on site through the closed season for the first time.

Everything works, no damp, no problems at all, the toilet block is open and there's plenty of hot water and 'Three' network must have installed a new mast in the area because the internet via mobile dongle is better than ever.

North Wales is very nice this afternoon, plenty of blue sky with just a few clouds and a light breeze. I can see Snowdon from where I'm sitting (about 6-7 miles away), the top few hundred feet and the summit are in the clouds but most of the Snowdonia's peaks are visible.

Our nearby beach is west facing so has seen a lot of the severe weather in recent weeks, it has changed quite dramatically, not much sand left and the fence line at the top of the beach has been destroyed by rocks which have obviously been thrown up by the waves.

It's great to be back on such a pleasant and inviting day, seems strange that we haven't experienced a proper winter since we were last here, still it's a good to be here and hopefully this will be the first of many pleasant weekends throughout the year.

If you're out in your van this weekend I hope it is just as pleasant for you and if you're not out yet then you still have the 'joy' of the first weekend to look forward to ....

Posted

YCC Rally at Brompton on Swale....lovely weather..

Geoff

Posted

Hello Paul,

We will be towing but not staying this weekend. Bringing our caravan back from seasonal pitch to touring storage site.

First time I've towed in 2 years!

Posted

Our site in theory opens at midnight but on the first day I will be at a church social. The best laid plans of..... Ah well

Posted

In an hour or so we'll be returning our van to its seasonal pitch in Cheshire.

Brought it home from storage on Thursday and gave it a thorough spring clean, will check all services when we get 'plumbed' in on site.

Weather looks good for an easy 50 mile tow!

Posted

Hi all,

Been over here in UK since early february, thankfully those high winds seem to have passed, woke this morning to a frost and looks like being a beautiful day, might even get the showroom shine out later and go over the caravan. We're parked up outside our works unit in Leic's ( hard standing, electric, water, waste disposal, security fenced, couldn't be better, 'til some jobsworth comes along and tells me we shouldn't be here. Happy caravanning, indoors.

Posted

At Strathclyde park this weekend .

Thunder and lightning last night.

Not the first outing this year.

Ian

Posted

We are a bit late starting this year; although we are off to Holland on Monday - but without the caravan (finalising arrangements for a rally we are running over there in June). Might try and get a few days at C&CC Polstead when we get back, then we are running a 6 day rally starting on 31st March.

Posted

We're away in the van this weekend - our first since New Year, mainly due to lack of funds undecided.gif

However, I'm really pleased as I towed the van to the site in the dark and managed to reverse it onto the pitch (with instructions from Jason). The idea is that I can get the van out and away to meet up if Jason is working away (has new job). I might go on the CC maneuvering course in April for more tips as still not confident.

The site we're on is a new to us CL in Lincolnshire - it's really nicely laid out with 6m2 hardstandings, woodlands walks, dog walk, and lovely friendly owners. £13 per night is a little more than we normally pay for a CL but do think this one is worth it and we will visit again - if we can get on as it seems very popular.

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard