Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best place to sell a van?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I've finally won my battle to get shot of our van but wondered if eBay or gumtree where the best sites?

Lack of use makes it a pointlessly expensive item to own.

Always traded them in for new ones on the past or maybe I should look for a dealer to sell to?

Any advice welcome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Posted

I sold my last one on ebay but dont let them use paypal as payment. The charges are 10% I think.

Dont expect the best price and keep your temper when the idiots call offering half the asking price and numerous other daft questions.

In the back of the CC mag there are people who buy vans. Phone a few and find out what they would pay........that sets your minimum.

Posted

Only this afternoon I was talking to someone who had sold his van though one of the 'We buy any 'van' adverts in his local paper, he got a price which was better than he thought as he has had damp problems, which he told them about beforehand. They had travelled from the South East to Durham to look at it...........sorry Don't know which one he used.

geoff

Posted

Sold one of the bikes through gumtree and seemed to be ok, there was some bad press recently but that seems to have drifted away.

Whatever you choose make sure you stick it on our classifieds as well, its free and who knows. Shout if you need a hand with pics.

You sure though you know you will miss those wet and windy days away

Posted

That's the trouble Mark, only had 6 of those days last year and will have a max of 8 this year, 420 storage, 280 insurance and 200 to service makes those nights bloody expensive.

Coupled with the fact we have a family house on Rhodes to use whenever we want seals the sale.

The other nail in the coffin is that we've booked a week at Whitsun in the Loire for 350 quid in a eurocamp mobile and that includes the ferry. I can't tow the van and pitch it and match that price.

Will definitely put it up on T&T though.

Posted

Makes sense Ian and storage is a big hit as we know all to well.

Now all you have to do is keep up with the amount of holidays Laurie and Sandra take :lo:

Posted

Yeah like that can happen. Thomas Cook would struggle to match Laurie.

1 person likes this

Posted

http://www.preloved.co.uk

Is another Gumtree type site.

Posted

We advertised ours through Practical caravan and it sold within days of the ad appearing plus it was free. eBay lots of time wasters who made appointments and never pitched up.

Posted

I used Caravan Finder to sell the Vanmaster, had two people interested within 2 days and sold on the third.

You do pay for the advert but it lasts a year.

Ian

Posted

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Shutsy, we'll have some pre love in Belgium....

1 person likes this

Posted

All that have been mentioned are worthy 'vehicles' in which to sell.

Goes without saying though that selling to a dealer is swift and easy but the worst price. If your up to the challenge of scammers, idiots and time wasters, eBay will be a laugh!

Posted

We sold our 16 year old Bessecarr on EBay no problems, like said before try to avoid using Paypal.

We end up with twice what I thought it would fetch.

But as said beware of scammers, whatever way you go it always a gamble.

Another way on E Bay is cleared funds via a cheque first before they collect the van.

Alan & Maureen

Posted

Good luck with the sale Ian

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard