Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lovefilm or Netflix

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Trying out Netflix and Lovefilm for a month before deciding which to keep.

Any opinions out there as to which is the better package?

Posted

Unless things have changed recently, Lovefilm were not transmitting Surround Sound with their movies which, for me, is very important so I went with Netflix. Neither of them have a huge amount of films that fit my bill but there is no contract length so you can just stop paying if you feel you've 'had enough'

Posted

Just to really confuse you, try Blinkbox from tesco

Posted

Tried both and Now tv which I found the best really. Didn't stay with any though as I couldn't find anything on them I couldn't get on Virgin

Posted

Read the small print and decided to leave well alone

Get all the films we need on Freeview & Freesat HD

1 person likes this

Posted

Amazon have entered the mix now with live streaming etc on prime http://www.amazon.co.uk/

Lovefilm no more I think

Posted

Amazon have owned Lovefilm for several years, without making a song and dance about it, but there's a rebranding going on at present, with the Amazon name splashed all over Lovefilm, and a push to make you move over to using your Amazon sign in details. I fully expect Lovefilm to disappear over the next few years, and for the whole thing to be incorporated under the Amazon brand.

I have had both Lovefilm and Netflix for about 18 months, and rarely watch either. But when I do, I like the choice of having both, and they're really not that expensive. I think Lovefilm's presentation is better and easier to navigate, though Netflix have finally addressed the main annoyance, by letting you add interesting titles to a 'to watch' list. I reckon Netflix's picture quality is still better than Lovefilm's.

I'm seriously contemplating ditching Sky, unplugging my aerial and stopping paying my TV licence. You can legally do that with streaming services (as long as you don't watch anything that's simultaneously being broadcast via terrestrial or satellite TV.) Lovefilm + Netflix subscriptions together cost less than the monthly price of a TV licence.