Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the Italian equivalent of a French Aire called?

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Because we are finally retiring and returning to the UK to live in the borders region of Wales, I am now in the process of putting together plans to extensively tour Italy, in fact the first trip is almost fully planned, it will take us all around the coastal routes of Italy in a clockwise direction with this including the island of Sicily. It will be a massive and very lengthy tour taking us 3 months or more to undertake.

I am sure I have read on here in the past about details of an Italian equivalent to the French type Aire sites throughout Italy.

Our accommodation on this mammoth trip will be my own luxurious self built panel van conversion I will be building on a brand new Peugeot Boxer XLWB van.

Posted

Sounds great we are heading that way again next year.

I think they are Area di Sosta with Aree di Servizio being the ones with fuel, food etc but I could be wrong

Might also be worth picking up a guide book https://www.vicarious-shop.com/CamperStop-Europe-2013.html

Posted

Our accommodation on this mammoth trip will be my own luxurious self built panel van conversion I will be building on a brand new Peugeot Boxer XLWB van.

Love to see "work in progress" photos of the van

--I believe someone did it previously -- either here or on the other caravan web site??

Any way should make an interesting "journal"

Maurice

Posted

Any way should make an interesting "journal"

Maurice

Being a member of the SBMCC it is almost an unwritten rule that you do a lot of photographs and step by step description of the build so that any pitfalls you fall into can be flagged up to other members.

For instance, before I started executing my plans I hadn't thought all that much about weight, after all these vans are used to slogging up and down motorways all over the world all day and all night loaded to the brim, but NO, weight is a major problem and a major pitfall that a lot of people fall into if they want to come withing the 3500 kg weight limit and still have some loading room as well.

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard
  • Topics

• Sizing an awning
      By Gray · Posted
      Hi and welcome  ignore the fact I have a motorhome I used to have a caravan for 25 years    Find the beading on the awning and measure it that's how to measure and awning length which is how the awnings are classified     
    • Dog to France
      By Surfer · Posted
      As per some of the many many rumours apparently if Brexit happens, it may be reduced to one year.  We can accept the blood test once but to have it every time the dogs are given the rabies shot would be a bit much.  When we lived in Southern Africa the dogs had to have regular rabies injections but never had to have blood tests and rabies is more prevalent in southern Africa than in Europe.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    tangotonyb

• Popular Contributors

1. 1
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts