Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pitching up anyone else make a pigs of it now and again

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Most of the time, no problem, pull up, find a spot and pitch up. Job done.

Every now and again though I totally mess up, its not like this is even a new site to us. I drove in looked for a pitch and went for it, pulled the van up to where I wanted it and stopped.

1st mistake: the van was in a rut so I put a leveller under the wheel, got it nice and level and unhitched and the van rollled straight off it :lol:

Not to worry I will stick the mover on and run it up the ramp with that.

2nd mistake: The mover couldn't have been engaged both sides fully as the van went up it veared to the left so now I am off position.

I could go on and on but I won't. Suffice it to say that I didn't even need the leveller, all I really needed to do was pull the van forward a foot to get it out of the rut :lol: all that wine drinking time wasted.

Anyone else do this now and again or is it just me.

Posted

Hand on heart Mark, I have never made a hash of it. However, the wife cocks it up every time, but she is after all the Gov'nor!!!

Oh!! that's it, I'm cooking my own tea tonight!!

Posted

My dear boy, i make a pigs ear of it so often I'm not allowed to camp within a mile of a synagogue. All joshing aside, like so many things in life, when it starts to go wrong, it just gets worse. As always, just walk away for a minute or two, take a couple of deep breathes, then start afresh.

Posted

It is funny how when it does go all wrong, there is always a big audience!!

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard