Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheap Blue Diamond Fluid and Rinse

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Halfords are currently selling Blue Diamond Bowl and Toilet rinse for £3 instead of £7.99. What makes it even better though is that it's buy one get one free therefore making them £1.50 each plus 3% off via quidco also if you like. They are click and collect only and looks like limited stock but you may be lucky. I ordered loads!

Attached link for details

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_974063_langId_-1_categoryId_165576#tab1

Posted

Couldn't resist either! 016_zps9dafda9f.jpg

Posted

Got mine yesterday.

Posted

Just been away for a week using the Blue Diamond stuff & I won't bother again. Found it very very thin compared to my usual Elsan stuff and I had to use loads of it to get the same performance as Elsan. If you only use the loo occasionally then its good enough but if you're on a CL with a family using it all the time it just isn't effective enough IMO.

Posted

Just been away for a week using the Blue Diamond stuff & I won't bother again. Found it very very thin compared to my usual Elsan stuff and I had to use loads of it to get the same performance as Elsan. If you only use the loo occasionally then its good enough but if you're on a CL with a family using it all the time it just isn't effective enough IMO.

We use CL's all the time and after Elsan, Blue Diamond is our favoured brand. It works really well for us and the fragrance is much better than most. No problems here with it - probably the best of the 'cheaper' brands.

Posted

It is thinner but at those prices still good value. However was unable to find it at any of the Halfords I visited..

geoff

Posted

Geoff - go on the website and click on the link just above the picture of the bottle of fluid: "Check stock at my local store". This gives you details of supplies held at a number of branches local to you. Reserve your Blue Diamond, collect and pay for it at your chosen branch.

My apologies if I am telling you something you are already aware of.

Posted

We ordered some Online yesterday and will go pick it up today! May actually buy extra if it is still available.

Posted

Geoff - go on the website and click on the link just above the picture of the bottle of fluid: "Check stock at my local store". This gives you details of supplies held at a number of branches local to you. Reserve your Blue Diamond, collect and pay for it at your chosen branch.

Posted

I only called in those Halfords that were en route as part of my rallying programme. I wouldnt go out of my way to get some as I prefer either Thetford or Elsan but certainly would have got some if they had been available then....

cheers

geoff

Posted

We bought extra Blue when we went to collect out original order. £9 for 4 x 2 Lt Blue and 2 x 2lt pink! biggrin.png

Posted

Hi

Just ordered 4 of each normally only use Caravan toilet for Number one's so should be thick enough

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

Word about the deal has spread and some have been buying by the box load so it's getting thin on the ground.

I can't find Pink anywhere, I have 3 stores within easy reach at home and also tried another two en-route away this weekend.

At one store I asked about availability of Pink I was told "head office haven't got any left.

I've tried multiple locations in stock checker ... none found anywhere

Still, I have a couple of bottles of Blue for just £3, so I've saved a bit.

Posted

Is that the ordinary or the Bio one

We tend to use a lot of sites abroad that use Fosse Septiques and the ordinary fluid kills the tank so can't be used so we have to use Bio type fluids

Also we have not used the rinsing agent for a few years as we found it was causing a black scale to build up inside the cassette but since stopping using it the layer has not re-appeared

Posted

Word about the deal has spread and some have been buying by the box load so it's getting thin on the ground.

I can't find Pink anywhere, I have 3 stores within easy reach at home and also tried another two en-route away this weekend.

At one store I asked about availability of Pink I was told "head office haven't got any left.

I've tried multiple locations in stock checker ... none found anywhere

Still, I have a couple of bottles of Blue for just £3, so I've saved a bit.

We bought 4 bottles on Thursday from the Malvern store. They seem to have plenty at the time considering the CC & C & CC sites are just down the road.

Posted

Also we have not used the rinsing agent for a few years as we found it was causing a black scale to build up inside the cassette but since stopping using it the layer has not re-appeared

We had that problem with Thetford rinse but once we switched to Elsan no more issues.

Posted

Just a heads up for anyone still wanting to buy on this offer.

On my travels I have received a couple of explanations 'in store' to the effect that supply of Blue Diamond had run out and there was no central stock left, however yesterday I received an email prompt from Halfords website suggesting I go online and order using their stock locator 'tool'

I was surprised to find a store about 10 miles away that was showing stock and (last night) I placed an on-line reservation for two bottles of 'pink'. Now just in the last 15 minutes I was on my way to collect (print out in hand) when the phone rang. It was the Halfords store which I was heading off to visit; a very apologetic voice told me that there had been a computer error and that although the system had accepted and confirmed my order there was 'no stock' and the confirmation was an error.

I was also told this was not an isolated error this is part of a much larger problem with on-line stock checking and reservations. So if you have an interest in either this or any other product from Halfords don't rely on the 'on-line' systems for the time being!

Posted

Just a heads up for anyone still wanting to buy on this offer.

On my travels I have received a couple of explanations 'in store' to the effect that supply of Blue Diamond had run out and there was no central stock left, however yesterday I received an email prompt from Halfords website suggesting I go online and order using their stock locator 'tool'

I was surprised to find a store about 10 miles away that was showing stock and (last night) I placed an on-line reservation for two bottles of 'pink'. Now just in the last 15 minutes I was on my way to collect (print out in hand) when the phone rang. It was the Halfords store which I was heading off to visit; a very apologetic voice told me that there had been a computer error and that although the system had accepted and confirmed my order there was 'no stock' and the confirmation was an error.

I was also told this was not an isolated error this is part of a much larger problem with on-line stock checking and rectservations. So if you have an interest in either this or any other product from Halfords don't rely on the 'on-line' systems for the time being!

Hi

Have had this trouble before so I always PHONE store to make sure they have it waiting for me. Went to collect a bike once which was not there.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard