Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reading books again.

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I am reading a book by Mo Hayder. Called "Gone" I am finding this very good and a real page turner. This is the first book I have read by this author . Another of my favourites are books by Lee Child.

So if anyone can recommend a book please let us know .

Posted

I'm currently reading through the Kinsey Millhone series by Sue Grafton. They're alphabetical - ie "A is for Alibi", "B is for Burglar", "C is for Corpse" and so on... I've just started "I is for Innocent"

Details here

Posted

Innocent until proven guilty Jim. I have just bought the new Dan Brown - will start it this weekend when at caravan, in-between cooking, cleaning and dog walking... I have read all his other novels, the computer one I figured out the story line in a few pages. It all depends on taste - I picked up a couple at the start of the season. One called private which I could put down, the other entitled Devils gate which I could not put down.

Posted

If you like camping, you can check this one "The Camper Van Coast: Cooking, Eating, Living the Life" by Martin Dorey and Sarah Randell

Posted

I afraid to say I haven't read a book in at least 30 years probably more ... completely turned off from reading by "Eng Lit" at school, being forced to read at least 4-5 books a term and write reviews, from age 11 to 16, absolutely detested it and simply made me fearful of books. Even now if I do pick up a book for some reason the first thing I do is look to see how man pagers there are.

Many years ago Sir John Betjeman appeared on Parkinson's TV show, he made a comment that the English Language was being killed of by "Eng Lit" a reference to the entry on many a school timetable for this dreadful force feeding of literature into young people.

I like reading factual or technical material, just not books, novels, fiction ... put off at school and not recovered even 40+ years later ... yet my wife is a complete book worm.

Posted

I have a few books waiting for me to read but I have also been thinking of getting Paul O,Grady biography.

Posted

I've been re-reading Ruth Rendell's Inspector Wexford books in order. We've just come back from 8 days away. I judged it just right - took 8 books; read 8 books.

Much greener and cheaper for me than buying new books. I'm gradually working my way through my 1000's of books

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard