Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

awning wall/freestanding frame

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anyone any idea where I could obtain a free standing back frame for an awning (similar to those used to display awnings in a showroom)

They could be so handy when coming home with a damp awning.

Posted

I'm not sure Graeme, but a mate of mine has fixed an awning rail to the side wall of his garage. Sadly I can't do the same, but it is a fantastic idea.

David

Posted

You wouldn't need the side parts if it was for drying only so a couple of old roof poles with clamp ends to fasten onto a cross member complete with a pair of guy ropes at each end. Screw awning rail into the cross member.

Regards

W Heath Robinson

Posted

Some good ideas. Thankyou for the replys

Posted

At our previous house I screwed 3 pieces of awning rail to the side of the garage. I cut up an old skirt piece so I could attach the isabella pole to awning connectors. I could then clip it in 3 places, stretch the rest out and peg it down until it dried.

Only problem is English weather, if you leave it overnight it will get wet again, even if it doesnt rain.

Posted

At times we do have to put away a van back into storage with a wet awning. OK, I have a large barn to do this in, but all I do is use some rope like a very strong washing line and simply stretch the awning up and over it.

Posted

In the past I have used the garage, but awning was a little large but managed to get it dry. Also used a steel cored washing line. The only answer is don't caravan when its wetjump1.gif

Posted

In the past I have used the garage, but awning was a little large but managed to get it dry. Also used a steel cored washing line. The only answer is don't caravan when its wetjump1.gif

and the only way to do that is sell the awning

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard