[b]{key}:[/b] SUNNCAMP AIR-VOLUTION 'ULTIMA AIR' INFLATABLE AWNING

No poles - Inflates in seconds
Pre-order for delivery end of March - Very limited initial stocks
Two sizes: 280cms £339.95, 390cms £399.95

View full video

Posted

Don't eat any Brussel sprouts.rolleyes3.gif

Posted

Judging by the length of those guy ropes, you'll need another pitch just to peg it out!

Posted

Interesting first concept though, and if it takes off (hypothetically) then it will be improved and taken up by other manufacturers i would think. Full size awning maybe next.

Dont like the hand pump though, there was a foreign one a few years ago that you plugged into the cars exhaust and left it on tickover for a few mins and it was up!!!

Posted

Wasnt there a problem of them moving around in the lightest breeze?

Posted

Cant see it being much good in the high winds we get on the Welsh coast, there again it doesnt have any poles too snap or bend

I think I would wait for version two or three

I felt tired just watching him with that small hand pump

Posted

I remember a tent that was designed on the same principle nearly 40 years ago ... some how it didn't catch on ...

Posted

takes longer to put up than one with poles and is more effort.

I get the concept but unless they supply a powered high volume pump or even better one built in - cannot see the point

Posted

When we first started caravanning, about 2001or thereabouts, we attended the NEC show & on demonstration was an inflatable awning. This utilised a single large inflated support that ran from the bottom inner corner of the awning, up at an angle to the top front, then across the front to the other side then down again. It inflated very quickly using a powered pump and to our eyes it seemed a very good design.

Frustratingly I can't remember the name. It was very expensive though and was probably very heavy. We decided to buy one but, alas, the company involved either went bust or just stopped producing it.

Posted

When we first started caravanning, about 2001or thereabouts, we attended the NEC show & on demonstration was an inflatable awning. This utilised a single large inflated support that ran from the bottom inner corner of the awning, up at an angle to the top front, then across the front to the other side then down again. It inflated very quickly using a powered pump and to our eyes it seemed a very good design.

Frustratingly I can't remember the name. It was very expensive though and was probably very heavy. We decided to buy one but, alas, the company involved either went bust or just stopped producing it.

I thought Id seen similar many years ago.

I also seem to recall a video of one blowing about in the wind

I might be totally dreaming this one........has there been one with water filled "poles" instead of air filled?

Posted

They made a helicopter that blew up with a foot pump. But it didnt take off!

Posted

pump up each leg?

How about using the vacuum cleaner -- might be quicker still?

Maurice

Posted

Looks like a cheaper version of the new Kampa rally.

Posted

pump up each leg?

How about using the vacuum cleaner -- might be quicker still?

Maurice

Dunno about your vacuum cleaner Maurice, but mine only sucks when what you need for this is a blow.

Posted

Dunno about your vacuum cleaner Maurice, but mine only sucks when what you need for this is a blow.

It either blows as well - or gets bigger every time you use it!! jump1.gifjump1.gif

Posted

There was an inflable awning featured on the Caravan Channel tv programme not so long ago, it could have been Caravan Finder TV, can't remember the make but it had its own inbuilt pump to both inflate and deflate it.

Phil.

Posted

About the vacuum being used - we used to blow up our air beds with our cylinder vac.

You could conect the hose onto the outlet. Even on our new small hand held one in the caravan, it has a blow point.

So I think you should be able to do it.

The new blow up bed we have, made by EzE bed has its own pump and controls and erects and deflates the bed in 3 mins.

I feel that the same system could be used for this awning.

It would be a great help for the less able caravaners.

Maurice

Posted

There was an inflable awning featured on the Caravan Channel tv programme not so long ago, it could have been Caravan Finder TV, can't remember the make but it had its own inbuilt pump to both inflate and deflate it.

Phil.

Kampa, The best going in this direction. But one must question the stability of such designs. I must confess that my standard of this type is pushed to it,s limit in high winds.

Posted

Does not look that easy still need to bend down and put pegs in.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

Shurely when you unzip the door all the air will leak out????

Posted

Shurely when you unzip the door all the air will leak out????

No there's a airlock to enable you to get out.

Posted

No there's a airlock to enable you to get out.

Will you need higher pressure if you park up the top of a mountain??

What will happen to the canvas then is it tested for these higher pressures??

Maurice

Posted

Will you need higher pressure if you park up the top of a mountain??

What will happen to the canvas then is it tested for these higher pressures??

Maurice

No the outside pressure is actually less at the top of a mountain so there should be some type of pressure release valve, this is also useful in case of excessive flatulence as it stops the canvas billowing.

Posted

Might be a good idea for a weekend at an air display ?? But will it catch on in these times of inflation, And in the UK its usually hissing down!. You could end sleeping in a flat!

Posted

Just my thoughts, but wouldn't you end up with all the kids on the site playing on the "Bouncy Awning" . Or filling it full of balls