Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Caravan Touch Up Paint

Question

Posted

I know that this is a long shot, but does anybody know what colour touch up I would need for my 1997 Lunar Solar 465, as there are a few little places I need to touch up.

Also do Lunar ever do Factory visits, or is it only open to Lunar Owner Club members

4 answers to this question

Posted

I have twice asked factories for aid in touch-up paint on older caravans and in both cases was sent a small sample and a UN number.

Worth asking Lunar yourself.....and about factory visit.......I was a Lunar Owners member one time and there was a visit arranged for a limited number of people but with all the problems that that new van had I decided I didn't want to know!!

geoff

Posted

I have had this problem too with gaining paint, I can't guarantee this but a lot of makers use FIAT 249 paint code. I know that Swift Group, Coachman and 'some' Lunars have this....our Geist was another Fiat code too....hope it helps.

Posted

Caravan colours are not usually just normal paint a lot are printed Etc, However as has been said a visit to your local auto car paint supplier ( eother take van or a painted part ) and through their colour samples they should be able to identify a matching colour and mix it, They can either fill an aerosol for you, or a small container of paint, ask for a drop of retarder thinners, for brush on touch up this will thin it a little for brushing and give you a bit of time to put it on neatly. Bare in mind paint does alter colour with age so T Cut whatever you are trying to match.

Posted