Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Awning repairs, Midlands or Essex (Colchester area)?

9 posts in this topic

Posted

My new awning needs repairing, one of the storm strap buckles has pulled out of the stitching (pulled out with minimal hand-force!!!!!) and one of the eyelets under the window has torn (the guy-rope pulled through it during severe winds).

Anyone recommend somewhere to repair it, preferably replacing the material used to locate the storm strap buckles for something more robust? I live in North West Leicestershire but travel to Essex weekly. I'd sooner go with a recommendation than trust an unknown.

2424fd732e09d779.jpg

2424fd732e10a8e9.jpg

Posted

Gary Hi...You say your New Awning..so what about the Guarantee...I wouldn't be happy if a new Awning I had bought came apart that easily. Have you tried where you bought it from and explained to them. Most Awnings carry at least a 1 year guarantee..and I don't think you should pay for any repairs.!!! Try the Seller..(retailer) and see what they say..

Chris x

Posted

Unfortunately I bought it from Glossop who say if I get it back to them they'll gladly look at it, but they're 85 miles away! Considering the grief I've had so far with this awning (some of it my own fault!) I'd sooner get it done locally & have the storm strap buckles "beefed up" rather than simply repaired back to the same standard as when they were new.

Posted

Fair enough..I see what you mean...I think there is an Awning repair centre somewhere around Derbyshire...I will have a nosey around and get bac.

Chris x

Posted

Back again....Found one...Canvas Repair Centre 121 Branston Road Burton-on-Trent Staffs..DE14 3DD Tel 01283 541721

Recommended on line for Awning Repairs on the Caravan Talk Forum....might be nearer for you.. several folk say they have had repairs done to Awnings by them and highly recommend teir service etc.

www.canvasrepaircentre.co.uk

Chris x

Posted

Back again....Found one...Canvas Repair Centre 121 Branston Road Burton-on-Trent Staffs..DE14 3DD Tel 01283 541721

Recommended on line for Awning Repairs on the Caravan Talk Forum....might be nearer for you.. several folk say they have had repairs done to Awnings by them and highly recommend teir service etc.

www.canvasrepaircentre.co.uk

Chris x

I used these to alter my awing a few years ago.

there is also one on the side of Jacksons of old Arley , Nuneaton i will get you his number over the weekend

Posted

Thats great thanks folks.

Posted

You're welcome Gary ..let us know who you choose..and any recommendations etc. We have a bit of stitching that George has done on the N.R. so may get it done..if they don't charge too much..

Cheers Chris x

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard