Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More awning Angst

16 posts in this topic

Posted

We thought we had cracked it and were offered an older Isabella for £250 and so once again put ours on ebay reducing the price another £50 and it sold today - ok so far so good we have enough to pay for the Isabella. But not to be - the person who offered it to us has only gone and sold it from under us!! Talk about sick!! SO we're now in limbo - no awning at to reduce or swap or anything. So now we need to find an awning for the money we do have now.

Anyone selling a 950 - 975 - all conditions considered!!

Posted

http://www.discountawnings.co.uk/

Give this lad a ring. He is the nicest guy you could meet

He did me a good deal on an Isabella

He has second hand and he will be honest with you as to condition etc

Posted

Glossop Caravans and Waudby's do second hand and ex-demo awnings, ours is a Pyramid 990cm and was an ex-demo from Waudby's. Most caravan places seem to sell off used awnings.

Be careful buying any off EBay as in my experience on two awnings, the actual size was not what the seller had stated. Another option would be one of the tent-type awnings (Outdoor Revolution etc) but the quality of some of those is questionable.

Posted

Glossop Caravans and Waudby's do second hand and ex-demo awnings, ours is a Pyramid 990cm and was an ex-demo from Waudby's. Most caravan places seem to sell off used awnings.

Be careful buying any off EBay as in my experience on two awnings, the actual size was not what the seller had stated. Another option would be one of the tent-type awnings (Outdoor Revolution etc) but the quality of some of those is questionable.

I nearly did that. I bought the awning with the van and later sold the van in part ex so I was left with the awning. If you looked up the van size it said 875 but the awning had 900 stamped on it. I eventually sold it to the guy I mentioned earlier and he said it had been altered to fit the van. It was also older than I was told. I was glad I sold it to a dealer otherwise I would have sold someone an awning that wasnt the size nor the age I had described.......but I genuinely believed what I was told

Incidentally the alteration was brilliant. He said it must have been done by Isabella as only an expert could tell. I hadnt noticed until he showed me but I was always aware that it didnt seem to hang right

Posted

Talking about awnings made me think

-- we have an awning that we haven't used for a couple of years

-- don't need it - It fitted our 2006 Abbey 215 GTS Vogue

-- Think it it is about a 910 but not sure.

It is in the roof at the moment.

Make me an offer I will not refuse.

Maurice

Posted

Hi Anne Marie, There seems to be a good number of awnings on http://www.preloved.co.uk/ at the moment at reasonable prices.

Posted

Ann Marie I have a full awning which was used on my 2007 eccles moonstone.The caravan awning size was 963. I live within 8 miles of East Kilbride so collection woudn't be a problem. Bought a new van so no longer fits. Comes with fiberglass poles and willing to sell for around the £250. Could send you a picture of it erected if interested.

Posted

Could send you a picture of it erected if interested.

what about the awning?

Posted

Talking about awnings made me think

-- we have an awning that we haven't used for a couple of years

-- don't need it - It fitted our 2006 Abbey 215 GTS Vogue

-- Think it it is about a 910 but not sure.

It is in the roof at the moment.

Make me an offer I will not refuse.

Maurice

Maurice sorry but the size we need is a 950n- 975. Thanks anyway for the offer.

Posted

Ann Marie I have a full awning which was used on my 2007 eccles moonstone.The caravan awning size was 963. I live within 8 miles of East Kilbride so collection woudn't be a problem. Bought a new van so no longer fits. Comes with fiberglass poles and willing to sell for around the £250. Could send you a picture of it erected if interested.

Yes please do. We would certainly be interested in having a look. What colour/make/year etc is the awning?

Posted

Ann Marie just realised I said caravan was 2007 when in fact it was a 2004. Checked on two different sites and both agree the awning size is 952. Sorry about the mistake( senior moment)If still interested it is an Isabella Capri, coloured blue and we purchased it in 2004/2005 not sure but think 2005. How can I send you a picture through this site? I have never posted a picture on this site and can't send it direct to you without your e mail address. Is there a way that members can communicate directly or can the mods pass on information. Until I can send you a picture of mine look up capri awning on the web and you can see what one looks like.

Posted

Ann Marie just realised I said caravan was 2007 when in fact it was a 2004. Checked on two different sites and both agree the awning size is 952. Sorry about the mistake( senior moment)If still interested it is an Isabella Capri, coloured blue and we purchased it in 2004/2005 not sure but think 2005. How can I send you a picture through this site? I have never posted a picture on this site and can't send it direct to you without your e mail address. Is there a way that members can communicate directly or can the mods pass on information. Until I can send you a picture of mine look up capri awning on the web and you can see what one looks like.

Yes there is a private message system - look at the top of the page and you will see the notification for the PMs. I will send you one.

Posted

you can click on my name and it will take you to my profile where there is an option to send me a message and I'm pretty sure you can attach pictures just the same as any e-mail.

Posted

Would we be able to come have a look at your awning and have a chat about money etc?

Posted

Ann Marie I have sent you a personnel message ( I hope) and tried to attach a picture. You are welcome to come and have a look if this suits you, or try it on the van if it is nearby.

Posted

Try http://www.limeshop.co.uk

Lime Marketing.co.uk Ltd.

Unit J1

Morton Park Way

Darlington

DL1 4PG

Phone: +44 (0) 1325 749044

Fax: +44 (0) 1325 367657

E-Mail: info@limemarketing.co.uk

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard