Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Favourite daily paper

55 posts in this topic

Posted

Your welcome.

Posted

My favorite paper is Nation & also i read news online!

Posted

Andrex

Posted

I would NEVER spend money on a so called newspaper ( never bought paper in my life) and NEVER watch news on TV, it is all yesterday's news anyway, I have enough problems of my own to bother with any others whatsoever and it is mostly made up/ false /lies anyway, However to go back to OP for anyone who has an ipad Mail online has a FREE app, Works Absolutly brilliant , You can set up originally exactly what you want to read/download IE I would rather loose a kidney than read about sport so simply leave a tick out of sport section, There is a thing about politics??. Leave a tick out of that, I have a tick in technology, one in motoring, And so on till it all suits you, First thing in a morning you can do quick update ( mainly your items etc) or full update with all the pics etc and everything, These can then all be read off air anywhere, There is a paid for version as well but I have NEVER been asked to upgrade and can't see it is any different to free, I can't see why anyone would buy a paper of any sort when this is availlable for free on App Store.

Posted

Afraid that BBC-bias : BBC-impartiality mentioned in some previous posts is very much an issue.
The BBC may attempt to be impartial across the UK political parties, but IMO in the broader sense it has it's very own selfish and 1984-big-brother and 'imperial' biased agenda.
I suppose it's understandably difficult for native Brits to realise just how badly indoctrinated they really are, but that is because part of this indoctrination is indoctrinating them to believe that what they are fed is impartial. . . And the BBC is the biggest part of that!
In my time I've known some shallow image-conscious folk who feel their choice of a single local daily paper positions them amongst their societal peers, but I can think of nothing worse than a daily rag that simply regurgitates what I already believe or somebody else's opinion of what I should believe!
I want multiple different viewpoints to inform my opinions, and IMO this is best achieved by following media produced across the world; living within different societies; and preferably under foreign languages. And accepting that everything contains some degree of bias.
My two biggest disappointments when moving to Blighty were the lack of freedom-of-speech and the high level of indoctrination, so I will vote for Andrex.2thumbsup.gif