Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Single use wheel nuts

Question

Posted

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase single use wheel nuts to fit an Abbey Aventura 320 2003 model. I'm in North of Scotland. Thanks

10 answers to this question

Posted

Google for an online supplier - you'll need to know whether your caravan has Alko or BPW running gear.

And you will need a professional torque wrench - the setting is way beyond any DIY wrench can manage.

Posted

Thanks Rodger my van has alko hitch but not sure about running gear how could I verify which one it has?

Posted

Its on an Alko chassis.

AFAIK Explorer group use BPW and one or two more bespoke smaller manufacturers, but Swift group use Alko.

Posted

Its on an Alko chassis.

AFAIK Explorer group use BPW and one or two more bespoke smaller manufacturers, but Swift group use Alko.

Thank you Brassneck, as mine is an abbey which was part of the swift group it should therefor be an alko chassis but I will look all over it when I get it out of storage.

Posted

I'm sure Brassneck is right about Swift/Abbey - but there are some caravans with Alko hitches and BPW axles - I've no idea which chassis actually joins those bits together.

Posted

I'm sure Brassneck is right about Swift/Abbey - but there are some caravans with Alko hitches and BPW axles - I've no idea which chassis actually joins those bits together.

Thanks Rodger, I have a look when it comes out of storage there must be some sort of ID plate on the chassis.

Posted

hi there its on alko chassis they are one shot hub nuts torque setting is 290 nm

Posted

Thanks Rodger, I have a look when it comes out of storage there must be some sort of ID plate on the chassis.

There should be a cap over the bearing nut which will have the manufacturer's logo or name on it. There are three axle manufacturers used on caravans Alko. BPW and Knott ..There are several versions of these nuts for all makes and not all are a "one shot" version as some can be re-used but not the Alko versions Check on the appropriate manufacturer's website.

Posted

hi there its on alko chassis they are one shot hub nuts torque setting is 290 nm

Thank you for that information very grateful.

Posted

There should be a cap over the bearing nut which will have the manufacturer's logo or name on it. There are three axle manufacturers used on caravans Alko. BPW and Knott ..There are several versions of these nuts for all makes and not all are a "one shot" version as some can be re-used but not the Alko versions Check on the appropriate manufacturer's website.

Thank you I'll also look for this.

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard