Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

12 volt lights flickering...

Question

Posted

The 12 volt lights (downlighters and a centre light) in the washroom of our Senator Series 5 keep flickering all the time they are on, we noticed that this started late last autumn, we don't have this problem with the 12 volt downlighters in the main "cabin", can anyone give us any pointers as to what is causing this flickering and how we can stop it - thanks smile.png

4 answers to this question

Posted

May be the pull cord switch or a loose connection in the switch. This is a domestic pull switch for 230v ac I dont think it is designed for 12v dc.

Posted

Thanks for that, will check it out - I have to admit we didn't think of checking the plug cord switch.

Posted

In our old Vanroyce we had this problem with a couple of flourescents. The cause was a small electrolytic capacitor that can dry out and stop functioning. Only a few pence to replace if you're any good with a soldering iron. Maybe this is not your light type though?

Posted

Wont be that on a series 5 senator they are all mr 11 and g 4 halogen lamps except mine has an 8w strip in the wardrobe

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard