Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trauma heater

Question

Posted

Hi,

I have an Abbey Adventura 320 2003 model and only ever work the heating on mains.For some reason I cannot get the blown air to work. does this only work if using gas?can someone help.

17 answers to this question

Posted

No trouble with the rest off the 12 v system. I have checked the fuse under the seat its ok

How awkward is it to get to the fan.I have had the front of the fire off and can see the gas heater and the electric element behind that. So I guess that means the fan is to the rear off all that. Is it simple enough to dismantle and get to the fan?

Posted

How awkward is it getting to the fan. Have had the front off the heater can see the gas heater part and the electric elements but cannot see the fan as it must be situated at the rear of that lot.

Posted

Hi,

A bit of basic fault finding is in order , there should be a fuse for the blown air system , look under the seating for a fuse bank they should be marked quite clearly for what appliance they protect

then it is a case of using a volt meter to test where the power supply stops at e.g fan switch , thermal cut out (if fitted) fan its self e.c.t , the blown air is 12v , but be careful as there is also mains

close to the rear of the fan system to supply the heating elements

out of curiosity are you having any other trouble on the 12v system

Snorky

Good tip!

On the 325 the 12v fuses are under the rearmost lower bunk seat box.

Its the very same on the 320; its the same layout as mine only mine has the L shaped lounge area. Your habitation fuses ARE under the rearmost lower bunk box.

Its the blade type fuses you'll need.

Posted

Well it does not look like the fan is running at all.I have operated the switches as advise but cannot hear the fan running and no air hot or cld coming through vents.

Posted

Hi,

A bit of basic fault finding is in order , there should be a fuse for the blown air system , look under the seating for a fuse bank they should be marked quite clearly for what appliance they protect

then it is a case of using a volt meter to test where the power supply stops at e.g fan switch , thermal cut out (if fitted) fan its self e.c.t , the blown air is 12v , but be careful as there is also mains

close to the rear of the fan system to supply the heating elements

out of curiosity are you having any other trouble on the 12v system

Snorky

Posted

Hi , just reading your post , bit surprised know one as asked do you know how to operate the heating system , if so when the fan switch is selected to operate dose the fan actually turn , you can tell if it is turning because it makes a whiring noise and air is moved through the exhaust holes

Kind Regards Snorky

Its also good for keeping the air in the caravan moving on a warm day; no heater needed but the air moving is good. My two dogs lie at the air vents on warm days and the cool air coming at them must be good.

Posted

Hi,

I have an Abbey Adventura 320 2003 model and only ever work the heating on mains.For some reason I cannot get the blown air to work. does this only work if using gas?can someone help.

Hi , just reading your post , bit surprised know one as asked do you know how to operate the heating system , if so when the fan switch is selected to operate dose the fan actually turn , you can tell if it is turning because it makes a whiring noise and air is moved through the exhaust holes

Kind Regards Snorky

Posted

Hi Steve yes the controls are on the sides off the two front beds have tried turning one a thermostat till a green light comes on the other appears to be a thermotats if working on gas. Have never heard any fan going though how long roughly would it take for hot air to channel through to vents or any air for that matter.

It can take a few minutes for the air to start getting warm, as it has to push the cold air, before it, through first. BUT, you should be able to hear he fan running !......ebt

Posted

The fan is controlled with a switch on top of the heater - have a look at the top right hand corner in this link;

http://www.trumauk.com/products-heating-sseries.asp?jid=31&jStart=0&jsearch=&jorder=&jprod=&jseries=&jname=

This will probably be a round dial type switch which controls the speed of the fan, but directly beside this control, there should be a sliding on/off switch, which has three settings, namely, on manually, off (indicated with a dot), or "A" which means the fan's speed will be automatically controlled.

Posted

The answer to the question is the 12v blown air fan works with either gas or electric.

The control switch for it is nearly always on the gas fires top shelf, however there is a wall mounted switch available which is a small black square box about the size of a match box.

Posted

My truma has the gas control use on the right; and the fan switch and speed on the left; on the top of the actual fire.

I use the heater on electric, as it works adequately enough for us that way without having to use the gas.

My electric heater is controlled the same as your 320, down at the side of the bed; it has three power settings; 500w, 1000w and 2000w along with the temp control knob. its on a seperate isolator switch opposite the main door.

Posted

Hi,

The "blown air" blower is a 12 volt device (so it can run without an EHU) on gas/battery. All of the ones I have had have a separate control that has a 2 position switch and a rotary knob. One position is thermostatically controlled and the other position is controlled by rotating the knob.

Do you know where your blower control is ?.........ebt

Posted

No trouble with the rest off the 12 v system. I have checked the fuse under the seat its ok

How awkward is it to get to the fan.I have had the front of the fire off and can see the gas heater and the electric element behind that. So I guess that means the fan is to the rear off all that. Is it simple enough to dismantle and get to the fan?

Use a volt meter to follow the path of the supply , you may find it is an easy fix , check there is voltage either side of the fuse first , if so as i say follow the supply path untill it stops and BINGO

Snorky

Posted

Hi Steve yes the controls are on the sides off the two front beds have tried turning one a thermostat till a green light comes on the other appears to be a thermotats if working on gas. Have never heard any fan going though how long roughly would it take for hot air to channel through to vents or any air for that matter.

Posted

The blower switch on our caravan is on top of the fire on the right had side..... The dial numbered 1 to 5 theres a sliding switch flick it to the right....

Posted

you also have to let the fire get warm first !!

Posted

thanks guys thats the most useful information I have got yet I'll let you know how I get on. Jim

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard