Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frontera 2.2 tdi

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I know there are a few t & T ers that have this vehicle. What mpg do you get when towing and solo? We used to have a petrol version and got about 28 mpg solo and about 20-25 towing.

We have just been to see one, x reg at ?10,995 with 34,000 on the clock.

:plane: For you babe, luv u lots

Posted

Just got back from a week in the new forest with the van. Our Fronterra 2.2DTI gives us in the region of 27mpg towing and around 32mpg solo. Like yourself we had a 2.2 petrol before ghanging back to diesel and the difference was amazing. With the diesel you hardly know the van is on the back and the torque means effortless overtaking. As an example from the |Junction of the M3 and M27 today Northbound until joining the M25 the only time I changed out of 5th gear was to stop at the Fleet services, the resat of the way I cruised at 55 - 60 without ant effort.

Posted

This is the Glass's 'book price' details for that car if you were trading it in:-

Vauxhall Frontera [no trim]

2.2TD Diesel 5-door Station Wagon

2x5 Speed Manual Four Wheel Drive

Year: 2000 X

Mileage: 34,000

Part-exchange Price:

Excellent condition:

?8440

Average condition:

?7320

Below average condition: 

?6180

Posted

Took delivery of my second Frontera in Jan this year, the last one 2.2dti Limited 5 door, getting about the same mpg as Del,tows our Swift Challenger with no problem at all,even when loaded with vino from Fance :wine:

Posted

:drive: How does the Vectra 2.2 diesel compare to the Fronterra 2.2 diesel, are the engine management systems the same?

Posted

:drive: How does the Vectra 2.2 diesel compare to the Fronterra 2.2 diesel, are the engine management systems the same?

Posted

:wine: Sam the Man has a diesel vectra cdx 2.0 litre and he tows and he reckons he gets about 34-40 towing, and solo anything over 40. He got 34 mpg towing the trailer the other day, it was loaded up to the hilt!

:plane: Luv you lots!

Posted

A couple of our Delivery Drivers supervisors share a Frontera (03 plate), I think it's the Turbo-Diesel.

They seem to have no qualms about performance, nor fuel econmy (someone else pays)

And as for keeping up with the traffic flow......... well, let's just say it parts at their approach ::D:

• New and need some advice
      By Gray · Posted
      True Geoff neither are we but I threw it out there as a comparison would agree that in France Municipals are a good way to go cheap just wish there were a few more of them in Spain too they are a little farther apart there
    • New and need some advice
      By shipbroker · Posted
      If I was in a similar situation I would be hopping from Municipal to Municipal where nightly rental is low and includes EHU normally. Don't think think the OP is ever likely to be in the Motorhome arena...   geoff
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    ngextreme

There are no registered users currently online

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts