Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paying a deposit for a site.

9 posts in this topic

Posted

We are trying to place a deposit for a pitch on a site in Northern Italy for this summer. They would like us to place a deposit of 100 euros in their bank account. The last time we tried to do this we had to pay for an electronic transfer. Anybody any ideas on how to avoid this?

Posted

For such a small amount, why not buy a Euro travellers cheque and mail it to them?

Posted

For such a small amount, why not buy a Euro travellers cheque and mail it to them?

I think we were charged about £9.00 for a similar transfer to Spain, not exactly going to break the bank is it?...

Posted

I think Natwest charged me about £9 for an electronic transfer in 2009.

It may seem like an additional expense on the cost of your holiday, but it's got to be much better than the risks of sending cash in the post, plus you are going to Italy.

John.

Posted

We are trying to place a deposit for a pitch on a site in Northern Italy for this summer. They would like us to place a deposit of 100 euros in their bank account. The last time we tried to do this we had to pay for an electronic transfer. Anybody any ideas on how to avoid this?

Use a credit card.

Posted

The last time we had to do this was for a site in Spain a few years ago. Nationwide charged us £75 for this.

Posted

Never ever paid a deposit in Europe inc. Italy. If you do a booking through ACSI Site they do not ask for it.

Posted

co-op charge 8 quid - money transferred in 2 days.

or phone the site and pay by credit card

Posted

I regularly transfer money overseas, it's usually about a tenner.

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard
  • Topics

• Catches this week
      By carper · Posted
      I’m off again on Thursday and hopefully getting more. That fish was my first from this water for a long time. I left the club about 15 years ago. There have been a lot of changes since then especially in the fish size apparently there are at least 20x20s and 4x30s. So I am hoping for something a lot bigger
    • Catches this week
      By shipbroker · Posted
      Had five nights Greenhill Leisure managed a couple of days scrap bashing small roach....next man had six carp on pellet nice to see. They have three small lakes and one new large one...carp to 20lb plus we believe,free fishing if staying on site. Geoff
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Anna85

There are no registered users currently online

• Popular Contributors

1. 1
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts