Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

cc sites and tents ?

2 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

do all the caravan club sites allow pup tents . while we were in cornwall last year my son and friend came with their pup tent and stayed for 3 nights .

i would like a site that they can come to if they want. would i need to phone and ask before booking or going i was thinking of maybe "pembrey", or "woodstock" near oxford or one of the sites in the cotswolds, "burford"

i know "broadway" doesnt .

i did ask when i was at blackmore. the site manager said i would have to ask whoever is there next year.

what is that supposed to mean. even though he was the manager at the time in blackmore if i wanted to know about next year i would have to ask the person that takes over.

surely if a site can take pup tents they do and if they dont they dont .

does this make sense so i thought i would ask if any of you might know .

thank you for any help.

Posted · Report post

Yes, pup tents within the caravan's pitch are permitted at almost all Caravan Club sites - there may be a couple of exceptions if the site is all tarmac/concrete. You'll need to check each site's details in the handbook or website.

Tents as a main source of accomodation are only permitted at a few CC sites, ie those where the ground lease requires them to and otherwise they're banned.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Nights away 2015
      By andyn · Posted
      Another 3, spent at Yellowcraig CC a couple of weeks ago, to add to my meagre total for this year.    
    • Xplore, Elddis,Buccaneer at Leisure World
      By markf · Posted
      The Leisure World Group is adding Xplore, Elddis and Buccaneer caravans to its portfolio of tourers at two more of its sites – Ebor Leisure World at York and Tyneside Leisure World at Birtley – while its eight-acre Catterick Caravans branch in Richmond, North Yorkshire has been officially awarded ‘Super Site’ status by Elddis, so will have every 2016 caravan from all three ranges on display, ranging in price from £13,024 to £30,499. The addition of this extensive range of caravans, from the great value, entry-level Xplore to the ultra-luxurious Buccaneer models gives The Leisure World Group one of the biggest portfolios of caravans in the north of England, along with the Bailey, Coachman, Lunar, Sprite, Sterling, Swift and Venus models it also offers. All three Leisure World branches offer new and used caravans, large accessory shops, awning displays, National Caravan Council approved workshops for servicing and repairs, plus storage, expert advice and caravan hire. Matthew Kinsell, Director of the family-owned Leisure World Group commented: “The Xplore, Elddis and Buccaneer models were received extremely well at our exclusive ‘Sneaky Peak’ 2016 preview, and this has given us confidence to roll out these great caravans across The Leisure World Group dealerships in the north east.”   Spencer Davies, National Account Manager at Elddis added: “We are delighted to have full representation at all three Leisure World branches and to appoint the Catterick Caravans branch as a Super Site with every single caravan model on display.” “The Leisure World Group’s confidence in Elddis and our industry-leading SoLiD Construction – combined with their strategy for growth – is both exciting and encouraging. Our partnership is going from strength to strength, and at a time when demand for our caravans is so high, gives customers in the region even greater access to our ranges,” added Spencer Davies. To view the latest models, or contact any branch of The Leisure World Group, the address and contact details are as follows: Ebor Leisure World: Malton Road, Flaxton Moor, York, YO60 7SE. 
      Tel: 01904 468334. Tyneside Leisure World: Portobello Trading Estate, Birtley, Tyne & Wear, DH3 2SN. 
      Tel: 0191 410 5221. Catterick Caravans: Catterick Bridge, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 7JB.
      Tel: 01748 818391. To keep up with all the latest news from The Leisure World Group, join ‘My Leisure World’ at, like its Facebook pages (‘Catterick Caravans Outdoor Leisure World’, ‘Ebor Leisure World’, ‘Tyneside Leisure World’) or follow @Cattcaravans on Twitter.
      View full article
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
  • Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts