Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'WET' locker problem!

Question

Posted

'Wet' really describes the underbed locker on My Bailey Ranger. The door is a Thetford size 5 which has two locking points (one at each end) but nothing in the middle. The door flexes and the seal does not have sufficient pressure applied to stop water getting in. I recently refitted the door upside down so that the 3 hinges were on top. For some time I thought I had resolved the problem! However after some torrential rain it again filled up.

I want to fit something to deflect the water and am thinking about fixing a length of awning rail above this door with a small piece of awning skirt in the channel. I only need about 80cms but I have only been able to find suppliers whoase minimum order would be sufficiend to build a small fleet of caravans.

Please can anyone suggest where I might get a piece?

Roger

4 answers to this question

Posted

A breakers ?

Posted

A breakers ?

Posted

the modified locker door frame comes with a lip as standard which act as a ledge covering the door and stopping any water from entering

Posted

'Wet' really describes the underbed locker on My Bailey Ranger. The door is a Thetford size 5 which has two locking points (one at each end) but nothing in the middle. The door flexes and the seal does not have sufficient pressure applied to stop water getting in. I recently refitted the door upside down so that the 3 hinges were on top. For some time I thought I had resolved the problem! However after some torrential rain it again filled up.

I want to fit something to deflect the water and am thinking about fixing a length of awning rail above this door with a small piece of awning skirt in the channel. I only need about 80cms but I have only been able to find suppliers whoase minimum order would be sufficiend to build a small fleet of caravans.

Please can anyone suggest where I might get a piece?

Roger

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard
  • Topics

• Catches this week
      By carper · Posted
      I’m off again on Thursday and hopefully getting more. That fish was my first from this water for a long time. I left the club about 15 years ago. There have been a lot of changes since then especially in the fish size apparently there are at least 20x20s and 4x30s. So I am hoping for something a lot bigger
    • Catches this week
      By shipbroker · Posted
      Had five nights Greenhill Leisure managed a couple of days scrap bashing small roach....next man had six carp on pellet nice to see. They have three small lakes and one new large one...carp to 20lb plus we believe,free fishing if staying on site. Geoff
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Anna85

There are no registered users currently online

• Popular Contributors

1. 1
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts