Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

free pub camping

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,i found this on 365.its the web page.i will investigate to see if they will allow a lmu etc.i believe its free to stay on condition you use the pub.it might interest some and its at Gt Bentley essex. http://www.theroyalfusilier.co.uk/

Posted

Good call to reccie a pub site first. Some of them are proper minging with dirty portaloo cabins and some look like pikey scrap yards. I've reccied a couple in Kent that are like this! :fear:

Posted

hi all,i have just got back from looking at the pub site and can say its well usable.fairly clear access to large square site to grass with wooden fences all around,fresh water and lift up cover toilet disposal though no toilet standpipe so a bucket is needed for washing them.the pub has pool room and darts room.dogs allowed and children can go in the pub but not at the bar.children have use of the pool /tv room.they serve real ale and do beer festivals.quizzes welcome ideal for LMU.

i spoke to the landlady Liz,explained about the club and this is the reply.

Free yes Free camping.you are not restricted to 1 night over a weekend but you must use the pub once in 2 days.take your rubbish away with you.get together s are allowed in awnings keep the noise to a respectable level.WC is in the pub,when open at the moment,though they are going to give a key for night time access.no food is served except the usual pub fare but Liz arranges a fish and chip meal for bulk delivered,currant price is £5.00 to be eaten in or out.the fish and chip meal is from Brightlingsea who cam second in the annual fish fryer of the year contest so must be good.its a free house pub.C07 8NH takes you right nearly to the door.

i think it will accept 10 to 15 units allowing the 6mtr rule though i did not measure it.

Liz seems to be hospitable and pleasant to talk to.

any one wanting to try it out contact Liz on her email address to ck availability.liz@theroyalfusilier.co.uk. http://www.theroyalfusilier.co.uk/

web on my first post.

its between Colhester and Clacton on sea essex.and its free until further notice.

i am putting the site forward to ccc for future use with Lizzes consent.

hope this is of use to you.

Posted

http://www.theroyalfusilier.co.uk/

its between Colhester and Clacton on sea essex.and its free until further notice.

OK sounds good but from the timestamp you will realise that I'm on nights and my mobile phone browser gives me a 111 refusal to conect code

Does anyone have a phone number for Liz

we are going to Clacton in a few weeks but couldn't get Saturday night so this would be ideal and no cooking needed too

Posted

Graham

the phone number I found is 01206 250001. Hope it works :thumbsup:

Posted

Graham

the phone number I found is 01206 250001. Hope it works :thumbsup:

Ta Gail

Will ring the mtomorrow -- Steph is on the phone and has been for the last 25 minutes !?

Posted

For everyone

Just spoke to the pub and you can turn up no need to let them know says the man

But the do not do ANY food except Crisps etc , but he says there are 3 restaurants close by will investigate later when we visit at the end of the month

Posted

Wouldn't call it the greatest pub in the area by any means, used to play them at darts a couple of times a season. Can't think were they have the space to pitch caravans though, mind you it was usually dark when we rolled up there for dart matches!

Posted

Wouldn't call it the greatest pub in the area by any means, used to play them at darts a couple of times a season. Can't think were they have the space to pitch caravans though, mind you it was usually dark when we rolled up there for dart matches!

OK we made it entry a little scaryifying down the side of the pub under the weeping willows but once there no problems pitching area quite flat too no bad considering this was a jungle 2 years ago.

What really did surprise me was how popular this little village pub was - remember they do no do food - so you have a kids friendly (as long as they behave) DOG friendly pub it was quite good to see 5+ dogs all laid out together and no fighting. Yet at closing time it was quiet without problem. A nice place about 35 minutes from Clacton on Sea

Posted

hi grandad g,glade my little find was of use to you.do you think a lmu could be done with the fish and chip supper they arrange for party's,i for one would come.steve.

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard