Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Water Leisure Park (Skeggy)

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Did a bit of fishing on the week up to Easter and over the Easter weekend at Water Leisure Park, had about 20 carp out over the week whilst doing several short sessions.

Early mornings and late afternoon early evening were the most productive(night fishing is banned).

The largest fish I had was 18lb 14oz, 17lb 4oz the next, most were around 8 to 14lb mark with a few pasties under that.

Most of the fish were taken from either the margins by the reeds or fairly tight to the first island with only one in open water.

All bar one were on the same popped up baits, spicy plum flavoured(PM me for more details on the baits) even though my second rod was on similar spots with various other baits being tried.

I did notice that all the better fish were caught fishing into the wind and the smaller ones on the back of the wind.

Fishing was much slower than I have know there in the warmer months in previous years when early mornings and late evenings I wouldn't even consider fishing with two rods as you can frequently end up with two runs at once.

It is not the sort of water I like to do most of my fishing but is great fun for getting a bend in the rod, it's very rare that anyone who knows what they are doing will have a blank session fishing there.

Posted

I've fished this carp puddle quite a few times. Don't think I've ever blanked there as the fishing is not very testing at all. However, the baliff is very testing. A pain in the ar$e at times, who definately enjoys his baliff super powers. :undecided:

Posted

I'll agree Laurie, it is a very easy water especially compared to where I normally fish.

However I've always found the bailiff very friendly if a little eccentric, however the rules which are not made by him but he has to enforce are pretty daft in my opinion.

With fish in there to 25-26lb bigger landing nets should be specified, unhooking mats should also be compulsory, and the boilie ban for hook baits is mad when they allow halibut pellets which are much worse for the water and not good for the fish.

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard