Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANYONE CATCHING YET

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Just wondered if anyone has been out and catching fish yet

Been out myself a few times and caught a few grayling 1lb to 1-1/2 and rainbows 2 to 4lb all returned of course. Still very cold in Scotland so still staying deep in the water.

Can't wait til' the fly season starts proper

Posted

Got a nice 6lber Common whilst at Twin Lakes France

but also got smashed off twice whilst fishing 18lb straight through

Roll on September when I go back

Posted

Caught a nice 7lb Mirror Carp late morning,still very quiet tho,only action in 6 hours on the bank

Posted

Caught tiddlers whilst in New Quay Wales last week, off to Weybourne this week, so hopefully the flatties will be in force, but then again.............

Posted

Caught tiddlers whilst in New Quay Wales last week, off to Weybourne this week, so hopefully the flatties will be in force, but then again.............

Never ever been flattie fishing,are they easy to catch....?

Posted

Never ever been flattie fishing,are they easy to catch....?

dave

Yes they are, and 9/10 you can't tell they are on until you bring the line in! Very light fish!

JILL

Posted

Posted

Can't beat a bit of lugworm! Especially if you dig it yourself!

Hubby fishes with 3-4oz lead, 3 hook line, with worm, maybe tipped with squid. The flatties like sand where they can grub about. We fish two hours uptide and two hours down tide, but in some areas one can fish all round the tide and catch!

He has got most of his sea fishing rods from car boots, and never paid more than £30. A lot of the tackle shops do a rod and reel at bargain prices, so keep an eye out!

I have a pink Fladen rod and reel for £20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JILL

Posted

Can't beat a bit of lugworm! Especially if you dig it yourself!

Hubby fishes with 3-4oz lead, 3 hook line, with worm, maybe tipped with squid. The flatties like sand where they can grub about. We fish two hours uptide and two hours down tide, but in some areas one can fish all round the tide and catch!

He has got most of his sea fishing rods from car boots, and never paid more than £30. A lot of the tackle shops do a rod and reel at bargain prices, so keep an eye out!

I have a pink Fladen rod and reel for £20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JILL

Thanks for the info Jill

But

Altho I'm not homophobic,erm,Don't think a PINK fishing rod would go down well with the company I keep... :fear:

Posted

Thanks for the info Jill

But

Altho I'm not homophobic,erm,Don't think a PINK fishing rod would go down well with the company I keep... :fear:

I Have not met one bloke who has taken the micky out of me or my hubby buying me a pink rod and reel :mwah1:mwah1:jump::jump::laugh::laugh:

JILL

Posted

Just got my permit for the local water but got to finish nights first

Reports are that White Chocolate boilies are doing well AGAIN

Can't wait

Posted

Fished Weybourne over Easter and had sheds loads of flatties, whiting, rockling, dab and a small bass. Hubby was well chuffed.

Fished Rutland Water on Sunday and the fish are playing there! Hubby lost two and caught one about 2.5 pounds. Well chuffed.

JILL

Posted

Just got back at the weekend from minding my cousins fishery www.stoneyfieldlochs.com at Invergordon just past Inverness in the highlands.

Had a fantastic time running the place while they where swanning it in Gran Canaria....Free fishing every night and catching brownies and rainbows rangeing from

2.lbs to 15.lbs. For those interested in fishing whilst 'vanning in the highlands this place place is well worth a visit.....

Posted

:yes::yes: At least 70 mackerel down in Cornwall at the begining of May!

Hopefully some Bass when we go to Norfolk!!!!!!!! :jump::yes:

JILL

Posted

For those who have never caught a flattie, try visiting Palnackie near Dalbeattie Dumfries and Galloway in about august time you could enter the flounder trampling world championships held every year. You have to find the flattie with your bare feet and then catch them with your hands good to see and fun to do.

Posted

The salmon fishing season starts on the river Tay today,I read some reports that the Tay is running very high at the moment so I think

I will leave it for a week or so yet..Can't wait to feel the tight lines... :yes:

Posted

Went Withernsea yesterday and reports are coming out of a 16lb cod! Bring it on!

JILL

Posted

1st of March before I can wet a line ::(:

Posted

First proper days fishing at Twin Lakes last Saturday and this was the first one out...

IMG_0485.jpg

Estimated (by Gary) to be 15-16lbs.

Thought it would be all down hill from there but I pulled a 10ish lb one out this morning.

Unfortunately it was very early and my personal photographer (SWMBO) was still in bed!!!

G.

Posted

I feel sorry for some of the fellow residents of our site, there are a number of enthusiastic fishermen who set off to the beach (less than a minute away) at all times of the day and night. So far this year the only thing to be caught is one small dog fish!

I'm not into fishing myself but I do feel sorry for these guys, they put in so much effort and enthusiasm and with so little reward this year.

Posted

I'm out more regularly now but with the mobility scooter most of the time as we have a nice little pond where I NEVER blank

usually Tench and little F1 Carp with lots of Roach, Skimmers and Hybrids

This is me about to go off on another trip OH Yes this is my second scooter and they have been given names by the Grandkids - - Madge 1 and Madge 2 - - - they watch TOO much TV givemebeersign.gifpost-1-0-54726600-1313069713_thumb.jpg

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard