Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Birley Arms Hotel And Cl

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

We recently visited a 5 van CL site at The Birley Arms hotel near Warton and thought we should share our thoughts with others who are interested.

The site is about 11/2 mles from Warton, 4 miles from Lytham and 8 miles from Blackpool.

It is set behind a large pub/hotel and the whole area is gravelled with the exception of small grassed areas adjacent to each pitch to allow awnings to be erected. There is also a park bench on each each grassed area. Mains power and water to each pitch is provided, allowing water straight onto the van if you wish. Rubbish disposal is catered for and there is a chemical disposal point. Finally, at the rear of the pub is a ladies and gents toilet plus a large shower, (electric power shower) and free to use which is open between 06.30 and 12.00 midnight every day.

The pitches are laid out in a circular configuration and are seperated from one another by a 5 feet high fence. Between the pub and the pitches is a small kiddies play area to keep the kids amused. Lighting at night is quite good too, with lights mounted high up on the side of the hotel giving sufficient light to allow you to se where you are going at night.

Now to the pub. Kids are welcomed with open arms and are allowed anywhere within the pub. To one end of the pub there is a really nice conservatory, ideal to sit and take a drink or enjoy a nice meal as the pub provides a very nice, reasonably priced, line in food. Real ales are also on offer. The staff are very friendly, polite, efficient and nothing seems too much for them, a rare situation these days I think !! Free WiFi is also available within the confines of the pub for those wishing to do a bit of surfing whilst away.

There is no road noise of any substance as the pub is located on a quiet country lane.

So on to the one point which may deter some people, which is, the access into the site. Access to the site entrance is via the main pub car park, so no worries there, however, there is one ptich immediately opposite the rather narrow entrance gate, some way into the site, but it becomes a bit of an obstacle for the longer twin axle vans, such as I have. Once in through the gateway, then a bit of manouvreing is required to get onto your pitch needing a pair of watchful eyes with good directions. Not insurmountable really but a little challenging, but, once in, the facilities and standards more than make up for the entry issues. I think this shows how CL's are lifting their game to meet the needs of todays caravanners, and in my eyes, very satisfactorily done. The cost is reasonable too per night, I have in the past, paid much more, for far less than is on offer here.

Each to their own and I know that this will not be everyones cup of tea, but I thought it worth sharing the experience with those that are interested. Below is the address for the pubs web site.

http://www.thebirleyarmshotel.co.uk/

If anyone needs any other information then please ask,

Regards,

Martin.

Posted

Also very handy if you like football as AFC Fylde of the unibond 1st div north have their ground right next door :thumbsup:

I was there a couple of saturdays ago with my team :yes:

http://www.afcfylde.co.uk/info/directions.php

Posted

Also very handy if you like football as AFC Fylde of the unibond 1st div north have their ground right next door :thumbsup:

I was there a couple of saturdays ago with my team :yes:

http://www.afcfylde.co.uk/info/directions.php

Hi Glyn,

Absolutely dead right. Literally 200 metres away from the site. I believe that they had a game there on the Thhursday evening that we were there, at least the lights were on and there were quite a few vehicles parked up, spectattors I assume,

Regards,

Martin.

Posted

Hi Glyn,

Absolutely dead right. Literally 200 metres away from the site. I believe that they had a game there on the Thhursday evening that we were there, at least the lights were on and there were quite a few vehicles parked up, spectattors I assume,

Regards,

Martin.

on a thursday it was prob training :yes:

Posted

Thanks for the info- checked the web site, and entered it onto the database.

Norman

Posted

Hi,

We recently visited a 5 van CL site at The Birley Arms hotel near Warton and thought we should share our thoughts with others who are interested.

The site is about 11/2 mles from Warton, 4 miles from Lytham and 8 miles from Blackpool.

It is set behind a large pub/hotel and the whole area is gravelled with the exception of small grassed areas adjacent to each pitch to allow awnings to be erected. There is also a park bench on each each grassed area. Mains power and water to each pitch is provided, allowing water straight onto the van if you wish. Rubbish disposal is catered for and there is a chemical disposal point. Finally, at the rear of the pub is a ladies and gents toilet plus a large shower, (electric power shower) and free to use which is open between 06.30 and 12.00 midnight every day.

The pitches are laid out in a circular configuration and are seperated from one another by a 5 feet high fence. Between the pub and the pitches is a small kiddies play area to keep the kids amused. Lighting at night is quite good too, with lights mounted high up on the side of the hotel giving sufficient light to allow you to se where you are going at night.

Now to the pub. Kids are welcomed with open arms and are allowed anywhere within the pub. To one end of the pub there is a really nice conservatory, ideal to sit and take a drink or enjoy a nice meal as the pub provides a very nice, reasonably priced, line in food. Real ales are also on offer. The staff are very friendly, polite, efficient and nothing seems too much for them, a rare situation these days I think !! Free WiFi is also available within the confines of the pub for those wishing to do a bit of surfing whilst away.

There is no road noise of any substance as the pub is located on a quiet country lane.

So on to the one point which may deter some people, which is, the access into the site. Access to the site entrance is via the main pub car park, so no worries there, however, there is one ptich immediately opposite the rather narrow entrance gate, some way into the site, but it becomes a bit of an obstacle for the longer twin axle vans, such as I have. Once in through the gateway, then a bit of manouvreing is required to get onto your pitch needing a pair of watchful eyes with good directions. Not insurmountable really but a little challenging, but, once in, the facilities and standards more than make up for the entry issues. I think this shows how CL's are lifting their game to meet the needs of todays caravanners, and in my eyes, very satisfactorily done. The cost is reasonable too per night, I have in the past, paid much more, for far less than is on offer here.

Each to their own and I know that this will not be everyones cup of tea, but I thought it worth sharing the experience with those that are interested. Below is the address for the pubs web site.

http://www.thebirleyarmshotel.co.uk/

If anyone needs any other information then please ask,

Regards,hi martin can you have a fire of ground [like mi fire] did they alowe dogs thanks

Martin.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think a touring and tenting pub crawl around the UK is called for, so lots of us will know first hand.....

Posted

This site is a little gem. We have been here a few times and we love it. Food at the pub is fantastic, one of our favourite sites. :yes:

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard