Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pub Site Information Required Please

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help with this one.

We are looking to find a nice pub site in the Northants area for over the new year period. The reason for the area requirement is that the couple that we are going to meet there, one or both of them will probably have to work on one of the days we are going to be away and would like to be able to get to their employment which is in Kettering without a long drive. A tough request I know but normally someone on this forum comes up with the goods.

Ideally in the grounds of the pub, CL or similar with power, water available and even better would be access to a toilet and shower, but shower not essential. Hardstanding would be ideal given the time of the year and if they were to have a function on new years eve that we could partake of, then that would be the icing on the cake, so to speak.

So there you are. Any replies, much appreciated and thanks for taking the time to read this post,

Regards,

Martin.

p.s. I have just posted a new subject concerning a pub site we recently visited in the Lythan St Annes area.

Posted

Ok, no responses to this one. What about if I open it up a little to South Linconshire and Leicester,

Regards,

Martin

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help with this one.

We are looking to find a nice pub site in the Northants area for over the new year period. The reason for the area requirement is that the couple that we are going to meet there, one or both of them will probably have to work on one of the days we are going to be away and would like to be able to get to their employment which is in Kettering without a long drive. A tough request I know but normally someone on this forum comes up with the goods.

Ideally in the grounds of the pub, CL or similar with power, water available and even better would be access to a toilet and shower, but shower not essential. Hardstanding would be ideal given the time of the year and if they were to have a function on new years eve that we could partake of, then that would be the icing on the cake, so to speak.

So there you are. Any replies, much appreciated and thanks for taking the time to read this post,

Regards,

Martin.

p.s. I have just posted a new subject concerning a pub site we recently visited in the Lythan St Annes area.

Posted

I think the difficulty will be a pubsite open all year

Not familiar with the area, I think this is open not sure about leccy though http://www.royaloak-pub.co.uk/

Posted

Only one we've been to is a C&CC CS, also called the Royal Oak, open all year with EHU if required.

http://www.legsmaniac.org.uk/royal_oak.php

I know of a couple in the Northants area but I believe they are without EHU.

Sorry I can't be of any further help except to suggest (if you haven't already) doing a search on the CC and C&CC websites (if you're a member) and check the box "Public House" to limit the search to public house campsites. I was able to find quite a few but as Mark said, not all are open all year or have EHU.

Posted

..............and I know from our village Pub CL that they were booked up for that period 12 months ago!

May be worth a day out driving around the area........couldn't pick any up from CC book..website may help if you are a member,

rds

geoff

Posted

Have you tried this at Blisworth??

Royal Oak

We went in the Summer -- Great !

I think they are open over Christmas and New Year..

Maurice

Posted

Have you tried this at Blisworth??

Posted

Keep up, Maurice! Mark just posted that link up above! :laugh:

Posted

Martin- if you e-mail me on normanlidbury@sky.com, I'll send you an excel datasheet with all the pubs on it (and anyone else for that matter). As usual, please check first, as so many pubs have shut down. Most are open all year from experience, but this time of year, expect to camp up on the car park (less distance to stagger!) If you do find any pub now shut down, i'll amend the database.

Norman

Posted

what about a site within walking distance of a good pub - would that do ??

Cos I got one - fact got 2.

Dolly xxx

Posted

Dolly- I've always discounted pubs within walking distance. The reeasons are that my wife is disabled, and cannot walk, so we always stop in the pub where possible. The other reason is how far is walking distance? Most people think 10 mins walk is reasonable, but the actual distance can vary if you use time. For instance, I can walk 1/2 mile in 10 mins, others can go further.

however, if you want to post the pubs on the site, feel free, but unless they are adjacent to the site, I won't be putting them on my database.

Thanks, Norman

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard