Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caravan Worktop Sink Drainer And Insert

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I have an Adria Altea 542 DT and want to get a shaped worktop draining board and insert to go inside the sink to give a little extra work surface etc.

We went to the NEC yesterday an noticed that a few other make vans had the same sink and some came with worktop draining boards that just sat on the worktop and were the correct shape to fit around the sink. Some also had plastic inserts that went into the sink.

Does anyone have any ideas where these can be purchased from.

We did but a worktop draining from betterwear but it was much too big.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Posted

Normally caravan dealers carry spares of this sort, especially for the marque they sell.

Posted

I have an Adria Altea 542 DT and want to get a shaped worktop draining board and insert to go inside the sink to give a little extra work surface etc.

We went to the NEC yesterday an noticed that a few other make vans had the same sink and some came with worktop draining boards that just sat on the worktop and were the correct shape to fit around the sink. Some also had plastic inserts that went into the sink.

Does anyone have any ideas where these can be purchased from.

We did but a worktop draining from betterwear but it was much too big.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Posted

There doesnt seem to be any info on the make of the sink as far as I can tell.

I have called the dealer that I got the van from and they are going to see what they can order for it. I called another Adria Dealer also and have been quoted £49.99 plus delivery for a Bowl, Drainer and Chopping Board.

I will let you know what dealer I got the van from comes back with.

I am away for the next week but will let you know as soon as I get back and find out myself.

It does seem daft to remove things for newer models, it may have been to keep the weight down. I beilieve the GRP pannels my be heavier than the older alluminum sides. It does have and extra roof light though.

Posted

Alan,

I picked up my van today and they sorted me out with a drainer from a Bailey. As it didn't cost me I didn't push for the bowl and chopping board. It was mainly the drainer I was bothered about. You can but cheap bowls and boards anywhere. I have to say though the chopping board was cream and speckled just like the work tops. The drainer is plastic and is quit flimsey and mine is even warped(in fact all of them were like that). I woudn't have like to pay £50 for the set.

Here are some pics

post-11716-1256425415_thumb.jpg

post-11716-1256425615_thumb.jpg

post-11716-1256425652_thumb.jpg

post-11716-1256425415_thumb.jpg

post-11716-1256425615_thumb.jpg

post-11716-1256425652_thumb.jpg

Posted

Looking at the shape and size of the sink against the Bailey drainer I wouldn't be surprised if the basin and chopping board from a Series5 Bailey Senator might not fit as well. See if you can borrow one from a Bailey owner to try it for size!

Alan

Posted

Sorted warping problem. One night under our mattress it's now flat as a pancake. It does the job!

Posted

Thats the sort of thing I am after, I think I will take a trip to the local Bailey dealers to see what they have.

Cheers

Posted

I finaly got sorted, I was very supprised on local dealers not being able to get hold of these.

I finally went for the Drainer, Bowl and Chopping board set from Broadlane Leisue. It all fits perfectly, a little expensive but it fits.

Posted

Glad you got sorted out in the end

Posted

I finaly got sorted, I was very supprised on local deals not being able to get hold of these.

I finally went for the Drainer, Bowl and Chopping board set from Broadlane Leisue. It all fits perfectly, a little expensive but it fits.

Posted

How much is expensive? Which van did it come from? I am glad you have got it sorted!

• Ever thought your car journeys should be filmed?
      By Gray · Posted
      NO too much distraction for safe driving anyway the only filming of our trips is done by the in car safety camera  plus it's by a car maker who probably will use some of the footage for advertising at some stage without paying for the privilege 
    • Over 60's Perks
      By Kiaman · Posted
      A lot of the CC deals are on their sites which have no facilities (no toilet/showerblock) or on less popular sites where they have poor bookings.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    tinytinyrach

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts