Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Le Camping De Saint Pierre, Near Rouen

7 posts in this topic

Posted

We are contemplating over nighting at www.lecampingdesaintpierre.com which is just south of Rouen and wondered if anyone had stayed there, if so what was your opinion of the site? especially access and the pitches etc

Posted

We have stayed here on twice, both times in the winter. It is okay but pitches can be very wet and soggy, toilet block is basic but adequate for an overnight stop, TGV trains pass the site as well as freight trains. Ignore the low bridge signs if coming from Pont L'Arche direction.

In my opinion the Camping Cheque site at Louviers is easier to find and just as convenient, more about it on my site.

Posted

Looks very stately to me!

Posted

We have stayed here on twice, both times in the winter. It is okay but pitches can be very wet and soggy, toilet block is basic but adequate for an overnight stop, TGV trains pass the site as well as freight trains. Ignore the low bridge signs if coming from Pont L'Arche direction.

In my opinion the Camping Cheque site at Louviers is easier to find and just as convenient, more about it on my site.

Posted

We've stayed at Le bel air a couple of times but prefer the municipal, L'eure et Seine (?) at Pont de l'Arche which is only a couple of minutes off the main road and saves schlepping through Louviers, up the hill and out the other side. According to the web site Bel air closes the 31st of October and the other one might be closed already so a lot will depend on when you're travelling.

http://www.camping-lebelair.fr/

http://welcome-in-pontdelarche.over-blog.c...ie-1165584.html

Posted

Hi FMO2MZO,

The mention about Louviers is at the end of the web page www.gandm.eu/spain2009.aspx

I think that you will find that the municipal at Pont L'Arche is closed in the winter which is why we went to St. Pierre. If you take the route from Rouen to Pont L'Arche along the Seine there is another site on the right as you go down the hill towards a Super U supermarket. The access does not look very good but as we have never ventured up the road it may be okay.

Posted

Hi Jamac,

Re: Camping Municipal ’Eure et Seine’

According to the 2008 CC Caravan Europe 1 book, it refers to restricted width access to the site. Our van is just over 8 metres long, would that be a probem?

• Swift Challenger 580
      By GaryB · Posted
      Haha!  No, tried it to see how it works then quickly switched it off, but used the water heater daily and that was impressive.  Made a change to have a week away and NOT moan about the cold and rain!
    • Swift Challenger 580
      By Rune Caster · Posted
      You needed heating at Charmouth this week? I certainly didn't around the corner in Seaton
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Daisy8899

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts